Hello Everyone

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Carlos Danger

Hello Everyone

Post by Carlos Danger »

Hello, I just moved in from the Summurset Isles and I'm looking for work... kidding of course In all seriousness I hope to make myself useful and produce a few mods to help out those new to Daggerfall, perhaps try making a questline or two. I figured this would be a good place to start making that a reality.
"But that's like, your opinion, man."

Jay_H

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums! :) There's a thread in the Quest Hub forum that shows what actions and conditions are available for use in quests so far. If you have any questions be sure to post!

Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

Thanks for the tip! I will be sure to check it out, though there was one thing I was wondering. If I wanted to change how a particular control worked (such as attacking) is there any way for me to modify that?

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Carlos Danger wrote:Hello, I just moved in from the Summurset Isles and I'm looking for work... kidding of course In all seriousness I hope to make myself useful and produce a few mods to help out those new to Daggerfall, perhaps try making a questline or two. I figured this would be a good place to start making that a reality.
Yay ! :D
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Carlos Danger wrote:If I wanted to change how a particular control worked (such as attacking) is there any way for me to modify that?
If you mean changing it to a simpler click-to-attack system, that's something people have talked about before, but no mod has been made for it. The only alterations available right now are mouse sensitivity in the Daggerfall Unity options and changing which button you use to swing your weapon, in the Daggerfall Controls section.

Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

Yes actually that is what I meant. A friend of mine said the only thing that would prevent him from trying Daggerfall is the combat system. And in many a youtube comment section, FAQ, and forum post, is filled with "Can't attack pls help!!!!1". I kind of want to help out those people but I don't know where to begin.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Carlos Danger wrote:Yes actually that is what I meant. A friend of mine said the only thing that would prevent him from trying Daggerfall is the combat system. And in many a youtube comment section, FAQ, and forum post, is filled with "Can't attack pls help!!!!1". I kind of want to help out those people but I don't know where to begin.
Whats up Carlos, Its Galactic :D
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Al-Khwarizmi

Post by Al-Khwarizmi »

Curiously, the mouse combat system is actually something I like a lot about Daggerfall, and I would import in a pinch into later games. The fact that you move the mouse as you would move the sword helps my immersion a lot.

Of course, this is not to argue against the mod - different people have different tastes, and the more customizability to attract a wider public, the better!

Deathcrush

Post by Deathcrush »

Carlos Danger wrote:Hello, I just moved in from the Summurset Isles and I'm looking for work... kidding of course In all seriousness I hope to make myself useful and produce a few mods to help out those new to Daggerfall, perhaps try making a questline or two. I figured this would be a good place to start making that a reality.
Welcome to the forums!
"Excuse the gloom, but none may know of this meeting."