OpenTESArena 0.5.0 Video

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
afritz1

OpenTESArena 0.5.0 Video

Post by afritz1 »

I made a new release today for my open-source Arena engine. Some of the changes include sound support (.VOC files), more weapon animations, and a day/night cycle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw6DMbuJ6ZA

I also created my first Twitter account today (@aaron_fritz1), and I'll be using that for project updates in the future, just so I'm not taking up the forums as much ;)

Jay_H

Re: OpenTESArena 0.5.0 Video

Post by Jay_H »

Right on! :) Don't worry about taking up space on the forums, post your progress as it comes!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Just watched video - looks great! Keep up the awesome work. I look forward to seeing your updates on Twitter. :)

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Awesome! Just saw the GitHub update while checking websites.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Arl

Post by Arl »

Nice progress, and good to know about your twitter account.
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

Deathcrush

Post by Deathcrush »

afritz1 wrote:I made a new release today for my open-source Arena engine. Some of the changes include sound support (.VOC files), more weapon animations, and a day/night cycle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw6DMbuJ6ZA

I also created my first Twitter account today (@aaron_fritz1), and I'll be using that for project updates in the future, just so I'm not taking up the forums as much ;)
I got so excited as soon as I saw an update video. Looks like things are going well. :mrgreen:
"Excuse the gloom, but none may know of this meeting."

Taemos

Post by Taemos »

I watch your GitHub account for updates and am very excited to see this moving forward. Thanks for the update!

afritz1

Post by afritz1 »

I'm aiming for releases about every 4 months, so maybe expect the next one around the middle of December or early January. You can always compile the code yourself if you want to try it out anytime (although I would only recommend this for people familiar with programming).

I added diagonal wall rendering a few days ago, and I think I'll try distant objects (mountains, clouds, stars) next. I haven't found an efficient way to render lights yet, but I'm going to experiment a bit to see what works.

Arl

Post by Arl »

afritz1 wrote:I added diagonal wall rendering a few days ago, and I think I'll try distant objects (mountains, clouds, stars) next. I haven't found an efficient way to render lights yet, but I'm going to experiment a bit to see what works.

Twitt about it and add images of your progress! I would love to see that.
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.