The DFU Character Thread

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Jay_H

The DFU Character Thread

Post by Jay_H »

My good friends, I believe the time has come. With the recent changes made by Allofich and Nystul to combat, loot, and the travel map, I feel like an autonomous DFU character can actually come of age on its own now. (Obviously this is very subjective, but this is like a threshold for me, it feels like). So I'll be the first to post about my dedicated Daggerfall Unity character(s) and the goals I'll be setting for them! Feel free to join in with your characters' progress.

Name: C'ifyle
Class: Knight
Goal: 100,000 gold and Level 5
Limitations: No console commands, except for set_grav to escape some inescapable dungeons. One life only. No save/load abuse. No refusing quests unless they're blatantly above my character's level.
Other notes: Permitted quests are all of my own quests, Interkarma's CUSTOM01, and all enabled classic quests.

And now, to step into the ever-widening world of Daggerfall Unity with new eyes!

EDIT: C'ifyle's dead. Time to start a new one!

Interkarma

Re: The DFU Character Thread

Post by Interkarma »

Jay_H wrote:And now, to step into the ever-widening world of Daggerfall Unity with new eyes!

Poor C'ifyle, I feel like I barely knew him. :(

Feralwarlord

Post by Feralwarlord »

Screenshot (22).png
Screenshot (22).png (306.88 KiB) Viewed 5670 times
Your senpai welcomes you

Feralwarlord

Post by Feralwarlord »

Jay_H wrote: EDIT: C'ifyle's dead. Time to start a new one!
RIP C'ifyle

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Interkarma wrote:
Jay_H wrote:And now, to step into the ever-widening world of Daggerfall Unity with new eyes!

Poor C'ifyle, I feel like I barely knew him. :(
Seriously, this is a lot more cutthroat than the Daggerfall I knew :D I'm sure there'll be some balancing in the future, but I might as well see how far I can go. For me, this is Daggerfall now!

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Son of Talon
Attachments
Talon the Barbarian.jpg
Talon the Barbarian.jpg (625.29 KiB) Viewed 5598 times
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Daggerfall Unity is HARD! :oops: I've already made 3 different characters, and each one has failed miserably, almost invariably dying to giant bats. The saying that Daggerfall is like a first-person roguelike is really coming to life now!

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Jay_H wrote:Daggerfall Unity is HARD! :oops: I've already made 3 different characters, and each one has failed miserably, almost invariably dying to giant bats. The saying that Daggerfall is like a first-person roguelike is really coming to life now!
I think powerfull character creation rules are still working :D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I'm trying to powergame as best I can; my characters so far have been Nords, Dark Elves, and Wood Elves, all Barbarians or Warriors, and all focusing on speed or on strength. And none of them get past level 1 :(

JustinS

Post by JustinS »

And now, to step into the ever-widening world of Daggerfall Unity with new eyes!

Lol I love how you set up all his goals and rules, and were so eager to jump into the world. Then, abruptly: "He's dead, Jim."

I never saw the post before the edit, so this was hilarious.