To the West, from Morrowind

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Jay_H

Re: To the West, from Morrowind

Post by Jay_H »

TesmaniaK wrote:When I'm deep inside a dungeon , I often yearn for a Summon Banker spell
OK, this is definitely going on my mod list. This can't be too hard to do! Reminds me of the modded Skyrim spells like "pocket universe."
TesmaniaK wrote:There's way too much gold way too soon.
I've theorized an economic overhaul mod that would change a lot of how Daggerfall Unity calculates and uses gold. Enemies at level 1 would drop between 2 and 10 gold; leather armor would sell for 1 apiece; iron weaponry, 3-6 gold; daedric perhaps a few hundred at most. Houses, horses, spells, and ships would all be drastically affected. I never have liked how in classic, money becomes superfluous once you can buy a house :| With rising weapon repair costs, money could be kept at a continual balance, and quest rewards might mean a lot more; if that merchant's offering you 60 gold to steal a document from a competitor, that might actually turn your head.
TesmaniaK wrote:Maybe use console -> set_health nnn to heal thyself?
DFU really is Daggerfall on hard mode for now, IMO. Maybe it's just because I'm unused to not using the classmaker, but my combat odds seem significantly worse than in classic.
TesmaniaK wrote:All my heroes have Spell Absorption as CharGen Advantage, but that hardly works before the really tough casters appear. No spider or imp ever added a single Spell Point this way, nor any low level humanoid or Nymph or Daedroth or Wraith or plain vamp.
I did some testing awhile ago, and spell resistance in classic is really, really bugged. Willpower had zero effect, and everything was instead determined by PC level vs monster level. I didn't refine it much further than that introductory conclusion, but it told me enough. Since then I've set all my characters at 10 willpower and never suffered.

I expect spiders and scorpions to use non-magical paralysis effects somehow, so they wouldn't be absorbed. I could be wrong.
TesmaniaK wrote:Why not have friendly Orcs wander the streets, grunting and all. Good for one's language skill, and at some point maybe even chat and ask directions...
If texture replacements get far enough along, that's conceivable. Right now we're replacing static textures like walls and floors, but I can imagine (not as an expert) the ability to create a new peasant-class that we could skin as orcs within the Orsinium area.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Jay_H wrote:
TesmaniaK wrote:When I'm deep inside a dungeon , I often yearn for a Summon Banker spell
OK, this is definitely going on my mod list. This can't be too hard to do! Reminds me of the modded Skyrim spells like "pocket universe."
Just so you know, in DFU you can put piles of gold pieces in your cart! :-D

So just like loot when you're overloaded you can head back to dungeon exit and pop it all in the cart. Obviously you have to take it out again to spend it...
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Ooh, that's actually a fascinating function. Dropped gold becomes an item, then?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Yes it does. Much better than classic where dropped gold disappears into the ether!
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

A huge improvement! (I could argue that wagoned gold should be available for stores, like wagoned letters of credit are, but it isn't worth arguing about :D ) This is a great idea, and one I'll look forward to using when weighted gold comes in.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Wagoned letters of credit are not availiable in stores, you have to take them out of your wagon the same as gold.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I just tested it, and wagoned letters of credit work in stores. They're unavailable in dungeons, such as for daedra summonings within dungeons, but I believe that's the only case where the exclusion will apply. I can post the save game if needed.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Are you talking about classic?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yep. (Did we start on a misunderstanding? :| )

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

No, I started explaining how DFU works and I'm still explaining how it behaves... :-)

To be consistent with gold, in DFU you have to take letters of credit out of your wagon and carry them into the shop.