3D printed sentinel

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
CHAPPJO

3D printed sentinel

Postby CHAPPJO » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:46 am

I 3D printed the peninsular part of sentinel, It's alright, but it has a few small holes at the top...

Interkarma

Re: 3D printed sentinel

Postby Interkarma » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:12 am

Awesome work again CHAPPJO!

Have you considered printing any of the major castles (Daggerfall/Wayrest/Sentinel)? I can help you extract the models, or send them in COLLADA format if that helps.
Interkermit

Postby Interkermit » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:29 am

Interkarma wrote:Awesome work again CHAPPJO!

Have you considered printing any of the major castles (Daggerfall/Wayrest/Sentinel)? I can help you extract the models, or send them in COLLADA format if that helps.

That would be cool :D.
CHAPPJO

Postby CHAPPJO » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:31 am

Interkarma wrote:Awesome work again CHAPPJO!

This is actually only my second 3D print ever, so I'm still experimenting :D. I think printing one or two of the castles would be really cool (Castle Sentinel and Wayrest), although a one colour limit is a bit annoying + it's the schools printer so that creates a few limitations. And about the format, all I know is that for 3D printing you should use STL files, although I'm sure I could convert COLLADA to it somehow (I just got blender just the other day, that might be able do it). Also I do have Daggerfall Modeling, although I don't know the specific model ID of the palaces.
Interkarma

Postby Interkarma » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:09 am

Since you have DF Modelling up and running > search by location for Wayrest, Sentinel, etc. then double-click on the building you're interested in to open up the model. Then use the export feature to dump out as COLLADA.

The big castles are made up of a few different pieces, but you should be able to weld them together in your modelling package. If you get stuck, I can try to help. :)
CHAPPJO

Postby CHAPPJO » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:34 am

Ok I'll try that in the morning, it's getting late here :D.
Arl

Postby Arl » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:30 am

That's really cool CHAPPJO!

We have some Blender users here, so don't hesitate to ask for whatever help you need with your endeavors.
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.
Narf the Mouse

Postby Narf the Mouse » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:51 pm

Daggerfall miniatures? Cool!
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Return to “Community”