3D printed sentinel

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
chtujo

3D printed sentinel

Post by chtujo »

I 3D printed the peninsular part of sentinel, It's alright, but it has a few small holes at the top...

Interkarma

Re: 3D printed sentinel

Post by Interkarma »

Awesome work again CHAPPJO!

Have you considered printing any of the major castles (Daggerfall/Wayrest/Sentinel)? I can help you extract the models, or send them in COLLADA format if that helps.

Channel1

Post by Channel1 »

Interkarma wrote:Awesome work again CHAPPJO!

Have you considered printing any of the major castles (Daggerfall/Wayrest/Sentinel)? I can help you extract the models, or send them in COLLADA format if that helps.
That would be cool :D.

chtujo

Post by chtujo »

Interkarma wrote:Awesome work again CHAPPJO!

This is actually only my second 3D print ever, so I'm still experimenting :D. I think printing one or two of the castles would be really cool (Castle Sentinel and Wayrest), although a one colour limit is a bit annoying + it's the schools printer so that creates a few limitations. And about the format, all I know is that for 3D printing you should use STL files, although I'm sure I could convert COLLADA to it somehow (I just got blender just the other day, that might be able do it). Also I do have Daggerfall Modeling, although I don't know the specific model ID of the palaces.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Since you have DF Modelling up and running > search by location for Wayrest, Sentinel, etc. then double-click on the building you're interested in to open up the model. Then use the export feature to dump out as COLLADA.

The big castles are made up of a few different pieces, but you should be able to weld them together in your modelling package. If you get stuck, I can try to help. :)

chtujo

Post by chtujo »

Ok I'll try that in the morning, it's getting late here :D.

Arl

Post by Arl »

That's really cool CHAPPJO!

We have some Blender users here, so don't hesitate to ask for whatever help you need with your endeavors.
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Daggerfall miniatures? Cool!
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.