The Big Hello Thread

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Interkarma

Re: The Big Hello Thread

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums AXO! :)

It looks like you've gotten the hang of modding textures already. That screenshot where the rat is attacking is terrifying! Be sure to post your work down in Creators Corner forum as well.

Krill'kern

Post by Krill'kern »

Hello, I'm Krill'kern (silly username, I know). I've been following this project for quite a while now, and I downloaded DFU for the first time a few weeks ago, so it was a matter of time I registered on these forums. I have no coding skills but I do have some Daggerfall skills :lol:

Anyway, see you guys around.
Last edited by Krill'kern on Mon May 21, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums Krill'kern! :)

Krill'kern

Post by Krill'kern »

Thank you very much! By the way, I forgot to mention I'm just amazed at what you're doing here. You (along with some very talented contributors :) ) have managed so much in so little time. I'm just speechless. You guys are my heroes :D

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you for the kind words! :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Krill'kern wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:18 pm Hello, I'm Krill'kern (silly username, I know). I've been following this project for quite a while now, and I downloaded DFU for the first time a few weeks ago, so it was a matter of time I registered on these forums. I have no coding skills but I do have some Daggerfall skills :lol:

Welcome, nice to have you here. Don't suppose your daggerfall skills stretch to knowing what the effect of being weaker state is in Stendarr avoid death perk do you?

"Avoid death: Rank × 2% chance to survive death (except from drowning) in a weaker state"

(not a test, just a shot in the dark... no one else seems to know)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Krill'kern

Post by Krill'kern »

Hazelnut wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:49 am
Krill'kern wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:18 pm Hello, I'm Krill'kern (silly username, I know). I've been following this project for quite a while now, and I downloaded DFU for the first time a few weeks ago, so it was a matter of time I registered on these forums. I have no coding skills but I do have some Daggerfall skills :lol:

Welcome, nice to have you here. Don't suppose your daggerfall skills stretch to knowing what the effect of being weaker state is in Stendarr avoid death perk do you?

"Avoid death: Rank × 2% chance to survive death (except from drowning) in a weaker state"

(not a test, just a shot in the dark... no one else seems to know)
Dang it, you got me! :lol: I meant the "skills" thing as a joke of course. I've played DF since I was a teenager but it's not like I'm super good at it or anything, haha.

The first thing that comes to mind is surviving the death blow with 1 HP, but "weaker state" could actually mean aything, right? I don't see classic Daggerfall giving you some kind of temporary penalty to Endurance or whatever (like an illness) to simulate a "weaker state"...

I don't remember ever joining the temple of Stendarr in classic DF, as I've always assumed that bonus was bugged as with many other things in classic DF :D Besides, I've always found Kynareth and Julianos much more useful...

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Oh well, was worth a shot. Feel free to test it out if you want though. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Krill'kern

Post by Krill'kern »

I'd be glad to help! Where should I begin? I understand I'd need to test it in classic DF as it's not yet implemented in DFU. Is there any way to cheat and make myself Patriarch of the temple of Stendarr to save some time? Where should I post my results (is the Mechanics Thread acceptable)? What guidelines should I follow?

Thank you :D

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I was convinced I had a thread about it somewhere that no one had answered but I can't find it so I created a new one . Yes it would need testing in classic DF, and you can post results in viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1069.

There's also viewtopic.php?f=19&t=910 if you fancy a crack at that research too.