Daggerfall Unity Test Build 1

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

Daggerfall Unity Test Build 1

Post by Interkarma »

The first test build of Daggerfall Unity is now available.

http://www.dfworkshop.net/daggerfall-un ... t-build-1/

Please use this thread for all discussion and bug reports for this build. Thankyou to everyone participating in the test!

Michael_TEFL

Re: Daggerfall Unity Test Build 1

Post by Michael_TEFL »

System: Pentium G840, 4 Gb RAM, video - integrated (Intel HD).

1) The build runs smoothly, no crashes so far. The starting screens seem to be misaligned (Screenshots 1 and 2). In the fullscreen mode the problem remains.
2) Starting a new game and creating a brand new character works fine. Everything seems to work at this stage
Spoiler!
Screenshot_4.jpg
Screenshot_4.jpg (92.14 KiB) Viewed 9057 times
Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg (61.27 KiB) Viewed 9057 times
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg (44.07 KiB) Viewed 9057 times
Last edited by Michael_TEFL on Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you for your report, Michael. And welcome to the forums! :)

I've just encountered that scaling issue on one of my test PCs as well. I will get this fixed and update build in next 24-hours or so.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Yes to everything. I made a new character, ran through PH no problem (what's the god mode command btw? :lol: ) loaded up a couple characters and everything looked good. The only issue is on one character had a female face instead of the male. Let me know if you want that save file (you might already have it! :D )

Oh, and Gothway Garden is roughly due south up that hill right when you get out of Privateer's Hold for anyone who wants to go :lol:

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Cheers LypyL! Yes, please send me that save if you can. :)

I meant to put an option for GodMode into the INI and it completely slipped my mind. Will put this in next update.

Michael_TEFL

Post by Michael_TEFL »

The character spawns at the very bottom of Privateer's hold quite fine.

It is possible to exit and reenter the starting dungeon. It is also very possible to kill and be killed :D

I have some issues with this screen. Is everything alright with textures? The one for ground seems black. Is is just early morning, or is the texture missing?
I still have to check for previous saves.

Character sheet opens for my current character, peeking into some characteristics works fine too.
Pausing the game (Esc) and unpausing works too.
A stupid question - how does one make spoilers on this forum? I don' t really want to cram all the page with screenshots.

Here goes the spoiler with screenshots
Spoiler!
Screenshot_10.jpg
Screenshot_10.jpg (55.29 KiB) Viewed 9046 times
Screenshot_9.jpg
Screenshot_9.jpg (69.04 KiB) Viewed 9046 times
Last edited by Michael_TEFL on Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Something definitely looks wrong with the ground there, I'm thinking an issue with the tiling shader. Can you let me know if your integrated graphics is a HD4000, HD4500, etc? I'll look into the shader caps and work the problem. I might even have an equivalent GPU to test with.

Good call on the spoiler tags. I'll get this added to the forum.

Reath

Post by Reath »

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
GPU: GeForce GTX 560 Ti
RAM: 8GB

Build runs well, no issues. I spawned in the right location, then exited the dungeon normally. Tested quick saving in both places, it works properly. Tried loading my old saves, everything seemed to work. F5 shows everything properly.

I noticed one bug. If you quicksave in a new game, die, load an old Daggerfall save and load the quicksave right afterwards, your character sheet is still the one from the old Daggerfall save.

akfordag

Post by akfordag »

In the launcher : "Playt".

Garrett

Post by Garrett »

The black ground texture seems to be an issue with the Direct3D 9 renderer--I'm seeing the same result when forcing it on Windows 10 with an AMD R9 270. Direct3D 11 mode renders the ground correctly.

Unity defaults to the recommended renderer for each operating system (this can be overridden with command line arguments).