Daggerfall Unity Test Build 1

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
LypyL

Re: Daggerfall Unity Test Build 1

Post by LypyL »

I was about to report a bug that I was the size of a hobbit instead of a Nord, when it dawned on me you implemented crouching :lol:

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

I can't remember how the original game did it, but crouching should work like running where it's a "press-and-hold" toggle, not a traditional toggle.

GothwayBum

Post by GothwayBum »

Crouch is c here for anyone that didn't know, and the original was toggled by pressing once, on dosbox you can toggle run like that by setting it to capslock.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

I've literally never played a fps game where crouching was a permanent toggle. Daggerfall had some really awkward design choices that should be treated as bugs and not vanilla defaults. The whole crosshair toggling affair was similarly bad and unnecessary. This also made freelook while moving/attacking very hard. But looks like this project has already taken steps to correct that.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

LypyL wrote:I was about to report a bug that I was the size of a hobbit instead of a Nord, when it dawned on me you implemented crouching :lol:
:D
BansheeXYZ wrote:I can't remember how the original game did it, but crouching should work like running where it's a "press-and-hold" toggle, not a traditional toggle.
Welcome to the forums, BansgeeXYZ. :) I do it exactly the way Daggerfall does.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Closing this topic as Test Build 2 will be available soon.