Talk menu bug [RESOLVED]

Midknightprince

Re: Talk menu bug

Post by Midknightprince »

Ok got it, orphaned entries.
Thank you for the heads up.
I will test till the cows come hone, just let me know.....
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

You seriously rock dude. We're lucky to have someone like you in the community. :)

Midknightprince

Interkarma wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 11:58 pm You seriously rock dude. We're lucky to have someone like you in the community. :)
Thank you man, it does mean alot :D
Can you be in love with a remake project ?
I think I am LOL.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Interkarma wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 11:58 pm You seriously rock dude. We're lucky to have someone like you in the community. :)
I second that. As developer you tend to oversee certain things. Always incredible valuable to have people that really test this stuff

Midknightprince

this one is fixed, I'm just gonna post a pic up here of what I see, so you guys know its doing what it's supposed too.
The topics still show up, and I can ask about them np, but when they have an answer it's got stuff in it.
And I think I remember where they came from, I started the MQ (stage 1, 5, and 7), I was testing stuff, I just forgot, I think thats where its from..
that wasn't the problem for me tho, and I consider this one fixed, just thought you would like to check it out, thanks again.
Now I have to go desease myself..
Attachments
fixed.jpg
fixed.jpg (761.65 KiB) Viewed 1737 times

Nystul

Re: Talk menu bug [RESOLVED]

Post by Nystul »

once the game "managed" to get orphaned entries there is now way other than deleting the ConversationData.txt from the savegame folder to get rid of them. There is basically for every active quest a list of entries. If for some reason the entries for a specific quest do not get removed after quest completion topics will stay around forever
It would though be easy to just show topics of active quests, but for now it is better to show orphaned topics so we can track down bugs. If you guys can reproduce such cases please let me know and tell me how to reproduce orphaned entries

CM August

Re: Talk menu bug [RESOLVED]

Post by CM August »

Nystul, I may be having the same issue in a recent session, but I'm not sure. I hope it belongs in this topic.

I've been testing A0C00Y10 repeatedly in a single play session. In the following images, two variants of the quest were completed - the first two ending in failure, the other success - and were cleared from the quest debugger after travel to another region. The post-quest rumors persist, but inconsistently - one retained all information intact, while others did not. I'll provide a save file if needed.
Spoiler!