[DFUnity] Italian Translation

Discuss translation of Daggerfall Unity and the required Daggerfall installation. Help other communities learn how to translate Daggerfall using any available tools and processes.
AXO

[DFUnity] Italian Translation

Post by AXO »

As the title: Beginning of the Italian translation project by Daggerfall Unity
I state that with English I'm half a shoe, and maybe that's why I always wanted to play daggerfall in the language of the Belpaese without making me come every time various headaches as well as having a smoother game.
I have often seen some attempts at translation over the years, all of which failed unfortunately;
perhaps due to lack of editor and difficulty in modifying some parts ...
But now maybe it's the right time, I hope, with DaggerfallUnity there will be no more limits we can translate without problems everything when everything is over.
In the meantime, I started translating the DFU menus and some screens
if anyone is interested in attending do not hesitate to post below
or just to be heard so we see how many Italians there are.
translate with google

ITALIANO :
Come da titolo : Inizio progetto traduzione italiana di Daggerfall Unity
premetto che con l'inglese sono una mezza scarpa , e forse è per questo che avrei sempre voluto giocare a daggerfall nella lingua del belpaese senza farmi venire ogni volta emicranie varie nonchè avere un gioco piu scorrevole.
Ho visto spesso nel passare degli anni alcuni tentativi di traduzione , tutti falliti purtroppo ;
forse per mancanza di editor e difficoltà nel modificare alcune parti ...
Ma adesso forse è la volta buona , spero , con DaggerfallUnity non ci saranno piu limiti potremo tradurre senza problemi tutto quando tutto sarà finito.
Io intanto ho cominciato a tradurre i menu di DFU e qualche schermata
se qualcuno è interessato a partecipare non esitate a postare qui sotto
o anche solo per farsi sentire cosi vediamo quanti italiani ci sono .

Roadmap / Foglio Excel per gli sviluppatori

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AvnhDcZC8TGrhZ5u9Cp5hhT98a3Lhg

DOWNLOAD :

VIDEO (34 MB) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q2mqL ... OkyyKWG7SK
FONT https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wTT3c ... 8qv8L57eu-
Last edited by AXO on Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Deepfighter

Re: Italian Translation

Post by Deepfighter »

Nice! I wish you much success with your translation project. Maybe some other people will join. If that happens I would set aside someone who has an overview on all the unique terms (if you feel like translating them, which they did for Skyrim when I remember correctly). Consistency is very important for translations and can be a pain to handle afterwards if everything has been done already. Discuss from the start which terms you want to use for Daggerfall, Sentinel,...

If you have any questions please, feel free to drop them by! :)
Head of the German Daggerfall translation - www.daggerfalldeutsch.de
and German translator for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Lore-Expert for The Elder Scrolls: Online

AXO

Post by AXO »

Thanks for the support guys ! I hope someone join this project because there is a lot to do and maybe im not the perfect person for do that...
Regarding the tamrielic terms we are lucky , in italian translation city ​​names and much more are not translate as it happens in the German version instead ; Daggerfall is Daggerfall Sentinel is Sentinel Wayrest is Wayrest ecc..
so it's easier it's all about translating conversations, quests and books without worrying too much about the tamrielic names,
because it's the same :D

AXO

Post by AXO »

ok
I have some trouble finding how to translate these screens ,
I also looked at the old tools for daggerfall but I did not find anything useful anyone can help me ?
Attachments
Screenshot (136).png
Screenshot (136).png (569.73 KiB) Viewed 13075 times
Screenshot (135).png
Screenshot (135).png (953.79 KiB) Viewed 13075 times

Deepfighter

Post by Deepfighter »

The text in the first screenshot can be found in the TEXT.RSC.

The second is a string in the FALL.EXE.

(Btw, nice map!)
Head of the German Daggerfall translation - www.daggerfalldeutsch.de
and German translator for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Lore-Expert for The Elder Scrolls: Online

AXO

Post by AXO »

thank you deepfighter

AXO

Post by AXO »

update on the progress of the project:
DFU file within the 100% streaming assets text folder, updated to build 0.5.319. (DFU options and menus)
File TEXT.RSC: first 250 sheets on 1405 translated 2113 strings on 13442 translated (this is where most of the text is not linked to the quests , books or FALL.EXE)

ITALIANO :

aggiornamento sull'avanzamento del progetto :
file di DFU all'interno della cartella streaming assets text 100% , aggiornato alla build 0.5.319. (Opzioni e menu di DFU)
File TEXT.RSC : primi 250 fogli su 1405 tradotti 2113 stringhe su 13442 tradotte (qui risiede la maggior parte del testo non collegato alle quest , libri o a FALL.EXE)

AXO

Post by AXO »

update : 360 on 1405 sheets (3334 on 13442) done

say this i have another of my stupid question :P : is possible remove the red line on the option menu?
because i want use the space for some graphics like a picture below or in the future the option become enable ?
Attachments
Screenshot (137).png
Screenshot (137).png (504.44 KiB) Viewed 12932 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Yes, I can disable that. That's where the full screen option normally sits. I'll take out the red overlay in any case.

AXO

Post by AXO »

tank you interkarma for support and quick responce you are really great :)