Daggerfall Remastered Music Project (Released)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
ByteMixer

Re: RE: MIDI (a.k.a. Daggerfall Remastered Music Project)

Post by ByteMixer »

Well, that's enough for tonight! I'm about half way through the double-checks, and yeah, I did have to change a number of values in the older tracks I did. Nothing too major, mostly panning positions, and making sure he levels were where I wanted them. I also swapped some samples to keep them in line with more recent work done. So I'm about half way through it all now, and should be done tomorrow, and have a release ready by tomorrow night. (hopefully before I have to start helping with the packing!)
"Whatever you do, make good art." - Neil Gaiman

ByteMixer

Post by ByteMixer »

FINISHED! And released!

And uploading. Everything should be ready as this is posted.

I'll update the first page with the links, and remove the old versions.

There may be one duplicate file: gdungn11 and fdungn11. (not to mention the odd naming conventions between a few of the dungeon tracks that seemed to be the same, but I left them in too) I left them in since I wasn't sure which version the game would call if not both of them. If you happen to hear it in-game in a dungeon, you can check which file it is using the tdbg command in the console, and remove the opposite file if you want. Otherwise, 81 tracks in total. I already did the palette swaps for "flavor" on the earlier tracks, which wasn't too big a deal. So this should be a definitive release.

Totally glad I went back through all files a final time since there were quite a few inconsistencies to be corrected (mostly panning position and stray effects level value setting a knob where I didn't want it). Trivial to fix, though. :)

Overall, I think the tracks fit well together, and I'm pretty happy with the balance across the project.

Enjoy!

ifkopifko

Re: Daggerfall Remastered Music Project (Released)

Post by ifkopifko »

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! Thanks for your dedication... going to check it our soon. :-)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Here we go :) Legendary contribution, thank you ByteMixer, I really enjoy this mod!
And it should now be moved to released mods section as well, so more ppl can actually use it.
Here its a bit of a hidden gem type of thing!
Thank You!!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you Bytemixer! A huge amount of work and love has gone into this, and I can't wait to play with these tracks in the game.

I'll move this to Released Mods.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

And I will add, this is awesome music :D It really is very, very good!

Aleryn

Post by Aleryn »

Thank you, ByteMixer for spending so much time and effort to result in such a lovely version of this soundtrack. Will be enjoying the music in more than just the game =)

ByteMixer

Post by ByteMixer »

Thanks for the compliments, all! Hope everyone is having a good holiday season. I'll be heading back home from our vacation tomorrow. :D

Enjoy the music!

ByteMixer

Post by ByteMixer »

Quick update: Needed to make a small fix. There were a handful of files that had an audible stray note on the very end. The stray note with a velocity of 1 (practically silent) was probably used by the original game to detect the EOF for the midi files, and loop the playback when detecting the silent note data. Probably captured it from an I/O Stream or something. That's my assumption, anyway.

So I already went back and found the few tracks that had that audible stray note, and removed the note. I'll have the fixed archive uploaded shortly, and update the front page with the new link on my Google Drive. ... ... Done! :D

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

...Did I reply to this? I don't know if I replied to this. Anyway, I'm downloading this. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.