[MOD] Discrete Crosshair

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
VMblast

Re: [MOD] Discrete Crosshair

Post by VMblast »

Interkarma wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:28 am
VMblast wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:16 am @Alyndiar
Oh Jesus, this is too small. :P What kind of resolution you've got there? :lol:
I noted that Alyndiar posted those screenshots as JPGs, so this is probably more JPG artifacts than Unity's scaling (which is all GPU-based anyway). :) Here's the same feather snipped at 1080p (left) and 4k (right) in PNG format.

feather-1080p-vs-4k.png

The 4k one is definitely sharper, but I think they both hold up fairly well against the 128x128 version supplied in the test atlas. When making the icon pack "for real", you'll be able to use whatever sizes look best for you as well. :)

feather-128x128.png
Thanks for the info. Tho I meant cursor dagger is too small :P and rest of I meant for the icons scaling. :lol:

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I was responding to the icon scaling specifically. It just looks like I quoted the wrong part of your post. Sorry for confusion.

Edit: I edited my earlier post so it makes more sense now. :)

Alyndiar

Post by Alyndiar »

VMblast wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:16 am @Alyndiar
Oh Jesus, this is too small. :P What kind of resolution you've got there? :lol:
I don't know what controls the cursor resolution. As far as I can see, the original was 32x32 and anything you put in there is rescaled to fit the same screen area :( I didn't look into the code, I just found the cursor and replaced it. I think I'll propose a solution for a bigger cursor when I have time.

Alyndiar

Post by Alyndiar »

Well, we're stuck with this cursor size, at least on the Windows Platform. There is a way to do it but it introduces lag and slows cursor response. As such, that idea was vetoed by Interkarma and I support his decision. If you play on other platforms, you may be able to get bigger cursors. Since I know nothing of Linux and Mac, I can't say anything more.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Ok, Ill try to do 32x32 cursor. Tho, this wouldnt be a dagger, rather just a tip of it.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Just an update note for the cursor:
-Unfortunately I cant make it work for the 32x32 its just too small and in realm of pixel art. At the end it looks like windows standard cursor because non of the details cant actually be seen. As I could notice, that blue cursor Interkarma use for the DFU is about 64x64. If someone could make it work on the 64x64, than I could make some cursor worthy of putting it ingame.

Alyndiar

Post by Alyndiar »

Well, I just want to say I play using the first cursor you posted and even though it is small, I personnally love it and I think it is a great improvement over the blue arrow. So thanks for the cursor and thanks for all your efforts :D

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Ok Ill just post here these cursors (just in case), 32 and 64 variants.

Image Image

PS - I tried to add small D on it, tho on the 32 version it is barely recognizable....tho now that I see it, its looking more like P (since Ive done D from the Daggerfall logo) lol :P

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Those look quite good honestly

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Indeed! If there's one change I'd suggest, it is making that D look more like a D. :)

Not quite sure how to do that, though.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.