How loud is my bow?!

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Ommamar

How loud is my bow?!

Post by Ommamar »

I was just playing a stealth build that makes heavy use of Invisibility true. If I use my ebony dagger I can just wait until the mobs come to where I cast at go around them and get easy attacks which are often backstabs. But if I use a bow they seem to come right to where I am standing and hit me easily where they will flail around if I use my dagger. The only conclusion I can come to is the bow is detectable by the sound it makes. Not sure if this is the intent but I hope not as it only really makes archery way more difficult to play even using invisibility true.

Interkarma

Re: How loud is my bow?!

Post by Interkarma »

The bow doesn't make any sound they can hear, but consider the arrow now sticking out of their body points straight back at you. :)

When you attack an enemy with any weapon, the AI gets a sense of where the attack originated from and will move towards that position to hunt for their attacker. If you have true invisibility they won't be able to see you, but they will still try to find you. They're just a little bit smarter than classic foes who just stand there dumbly while you kill them.

There's a video of me tormenting the city watch while invisible here. They can't see me, but they can detect roughly where the attack came from and go looking.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

It makes sense but here is the thing if use a dagger they seem to have a much harder time trying to find me often turning 90 degrees to where the attack came from. With the bow they turn right towards me and track me even if I move from where I was, it honestly almost feels like I am using normal instead of true with the bow. I do have good luck evading the guards if I fail a pickpocket as they come near but can't see me so just kind of wander around sometimes yelling the halt other times they are silent.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Can enemies hear foot steps? magic?