Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting

Report specific bugs in Daggerfall Unity. Please read guidelines before posting.
Interkarma

Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting

Postby Interkarma » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:31 pm

Thank you for taking the time to test Daggerfall Unity. This forum is for reporting specific bugs and helping developers fix them. The below guidelines will help you provide good feedback and avoid duplicate bug reports.

Search First

Please use the search feature to check if your bug has already been raised.

One Bug Per Post

Please create a new post for each individual bug. Try to make the post title as descriptive as possible.

Bug Or Not Implemented?

Daggerfall Unity is a live work in progress. If a feature is missing or only partially implemented, please do not assume this is a bug. If in doubt about the status of a feature, check the Roadmap, or ask in the Help & Support forum.

Are Mods Enabled?

Are you running with any mods enabled? If so, please test again without any mods to confirm problem remains. If a mod seems to be the cause, try to narrow down to a specific mod and post to the Modder Discussion forum.

Follow Git

Keep an eye on the GitHub commits page to see what's being worked on. If something was working in a previous build and is actively being changed, problems with that system are expected and should be temporary. If in doubt, post a bug report and I will let you know status.

Providing Good Feedback

Following are some tips on providing great feedback to help me catch bugs sooner.

• Let me know which platform and build you are using. The Live Builds page lists builds by platform, build number, and build date. Telling me "Windows build #21" informs me exactly the build you're using.
  • Provide a clear description of problem and how it doesn't match expected outcome. Attach screenshots if helpful.
  • Provide steps to reproduce problem if possible, or at least a general description of what happened leading up to bug.
  • Email me a save game as close as possible to bug if you can. See below for finding save games.
  • If asked, provide your player log, system specs, etc. that may relate to issue. See below for finding player log.

Persistent Data Path

The persistent data path stores your save games, INI settings file, and keybinds. Following is where to find your persistent data path by platform. You may need to show hidden files to locate this path.

Windows
C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Daggerfall Workshop\Daggerfall Unity

Linux
/home/username/.config/unity3d/Daggerfall Workshop/Daggerfall Unity

Mac
/Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Daggerfall Workshop/Daggerfall Unity

Finding Player Log

The player log file is in a different place depending on platform.

Windows
Your output_log.txt file will be in the Daggerall Unity_Data folder of your unzipped Daggerfall Unity build.

Linux
Your Player.log file will be in your PersistentDataPath folder.

Mac
Your Player.log file will be in the following path: /Users/Username/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

Finding Saves

Your save games can be found in PersistentDataPath\Saves. Each save is placed in a numbered folder. To identify which folder contains the save you're looking for, check top-right of screenshot in save/load UI. For example SAVE2 will be in folder PersistentDataPath\Saves\SAVE2.

Zip the appropriate save folder before sending.

Spoiler!
finding-saves.jpg
finding-saves.jpg (73.36 KiB) Viewed 759 times

Return to “Bug Reports”