Linux 25: DaggerfallUnity.x86_64 Not Exiting Memory in openSUSE 42.1 [CLOSED]

Xaphir

Linux 25: DaggerfallUnity.x86_64 Not Exiting Memory in openSUSE 42.1 [CLOSED]

Post by Xaphir »

This bug can be closed out for this build.

There is one thing of note; if you attempt to F12 load a quicksave and the quicksave is not there, the game will lock solid and will possibly remain in memory even after the window is destroyed.

Interkarma

Re: Linux 25: DaggerfallUnity.x86_64 Not Exiting Memory in openSUSE 42.1

Post by Interkarma »

Cheers. I should have the fixed quicksave/quickload logic in next build with rest UI in a few days time.

Xaphir

Linux 27: DaggerfallUnity.x86_64 Not Exiting Memory in openSUSE 42.1

Post by Xaphir »

Interkarma I hate to do this to you but I have to reopen this bug. Unable to clean exit is probably happening about one every 5 times the game is loaded. I haven't been able to narrow down a reason, unless...

It may happen due to activation of the console. I have to verify that.

Interkarma

Re: Linux 27: DaggerfallUnity.x86_64 Not Exiting Memory in openSUSE 42.1

Post by Interkarma »

No problems. Let me know how you go.

I haven't been able to reproduce this on any of test environments. It could just be a Unity issue, but will stay open minded.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

This may be an OS matter. This hasn't happened to me in any of 25+ instances of DFU since the beginning, and I run DFU exclusively on Mint. I've used the console a lot, too, so that doesn't reproduce for me.

Xaphir

Post by Xaphir »

Jay_H wrote:This may be an OS matter. This hasn't happened to me in any of 25+ instances of DFU since the beginning, and I run DFU exclusively on Mint. I've used the console a lot, too, so that doesn't reproduce for me.
You were probably running your 25+ instances of DFU mostly before I posted the non clean exit bug, so how are you sure you were getting a clean exit every time?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I track my memory usage, particularly because this system doesn't have a lot. If something doesn't terminate properly it makes an impact. Many of my runs were also on 25, a build you registered the report in.

Xaphir

Post by Xaphir »

Jay_H wrote:I track my memory usage, particularly because this system doesn't have a lot. If something doesn't terminate properly it makes an impact. Many of my runs were also on 25, a build you registered the report in.
The reason I ask is because I specifically have been looking for the executable in the process table. If someone is running game level hardware, it would not be immediately apparent that there were two executables in memory unless they were either monitoring the process table (or as you say memory usage) because the power of the hardware can conceal the fact that two binaries are running.

Running low to mid range hardware is useful in this regard because in more cases than a few I have been able to see quickly when something isnt' running as expected.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

It's no problem. I haven't tested 27 yet, so I'll have to see if it occurs eventually. If you can, you may want to make an action log of the things you do each time it happens, and then we can see if there are any common elements between them.