Birds in Daggerfall 2.0

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: Birds in Daggerfall 2.0

Post by King of Worms »

Hi UV, and chance to implement the birds dropping actual shadows on the ground?

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

I did consider enabling shadows, but you would rarely notice them, and when you did, they just looked wierd. It doesnt look natural and it drains performance.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Uncanny_Valley wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:15 pm I did consider enabling shadows, but you would rarely notice them, and when you did, they just looked wierd. It doesnt look natural and it drains performance.
Ok I will believe you on that, thanks for a reply :)

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

I'm gonna say this, and I know I'm late..

THANK YOU FOR FIXING IT
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Dracosophy

Post by Dracosophy »

Aye thanks, I only saw the old thread and was sad... but now i'm happy.

I actually appreciate some shadows for birds in the other TES games... but to each his own.

Also; bring on the cliff racers! Being on edge when you hear that sound is somewhat exciting... though maybe only put them in a certain region(s), so we can easily avoid them should we get tired of the "thrill". :mrgreen:
"Dra-kohso-fee" A word I created to express interest in truth & the study of danger(s).
Draco meaning: snake, serpent, or dragon (metaphorical 'ultimate challenge')
-sophy (from Greek) meaning: knowledge of-, understanding or wisdom.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Dracosophy wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:23 pm Aye thanks, I only saw the old thread and was sad... but now i'm happy.

I actually appreciate some shadows for birds in the other TES games... but to each his own.

Also; bring on the cliff racers! Being on edge when you hear that sound is somewhat exciting... though maybe only put them in a certain region(s), so we can easily avoid them should we get tired of the "thrill". :mrgreen:
Oh, and after you advocate bringing those vile creatures to western Tamriel, I suppose next you'll want tribbles, too?! :P :D
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Dracosophy

Post by Dracosophy »

Cliff Racers, Tribbles, and Ewoks too! Let's not forget Ewoks! ahahahh
<3 Ewok's Adventure Caravan Of Courage, (Battle For Endor is dark and sad, but also awesome)

Really animating that one raven/crow that likes to sit on the signpost would be cool though, along with maybe some vultures and ...
UNDEAD BIRDS! Yes you heard me; we're going full-on Dwarf Fortress undead-craziness here- they feel no pain, and have no fear (hmm or just more cliff racers maybe? lol), and their body parts re-animate and attack you till you smash them into dust! Weeeeeeeeee!
"Dra-kohso-fee" A word I created to express interest in truth & the study of danger(s).
Draco meaning: snake, serpent, or dragon (metaphorical 'ultimate challenge')
-sophy (from Greek) meaning: knowledge of-, understanding or wisdom.