Wrong display of texture in house [CLOSED]

R.D.

Wrong display of texture in house [CLOSED]

Post by R.D. »

While I was looking at the missing ceiling bug report, I found that in an adjacent house (immediately southwest of the northernmost house in Horshire, Dwynnen) is a wrongly displayed texture of a painting. Not only is the texture different, it seems to be cut off on the right side in Daggerfall Unity.
Attachments
dfunity.jpg
dfunity.jpg (66.12 KiB) Viewed 2887 times
daggerfall.jpg
daggerfall.jpg (92.83 KiB) Viewed 2887 times

R.D.

Re: Wrong display of texture in house

Post by R.D. »

Dug around a little bit. The painting texture Daggerfall used was in TEXTURE.048, and the one Daggerfall Unity used was in TEXTURE.348.

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

Took a closer look, and it looks like the painting is actually slightly diagonal compared to the wall. I think the reason the side of it is missing in Daggerfall Unity is that it is intersecting the wall. In original Daggerfall there is a little glitchiness in the way the upper right and lower right corner look when you look at it from a position to the right, but it mostly looks fine. There is no glitchiness if you look at it straight on or from a position to the left.

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

Now that I understand what's happening better, I think this can probably be considered as not a bug. The issue is the same as for the wrong exterior door texture: classic doesn't do climate swaps for the painting texture groups, but DF Unity does.

I'm not sure if classic specifically defines paintings other than the base "desert" group anywhere. If it does, than I suppose this is a bug and we should probably change DF Unity to do the same so the correct paintings show, but otherwise it might be an oversight in classic if the climate swap paintings aren't used anywhere, since I don't see anything wrong with them.