Resources for new devs?

Discuss coding questions, pull requests, and implementation details.
Ezren

Resources for new devs?

Post by Ezren »

I'm interested in contributing in any way I can to the development of DFUnity, but I have no idea where to start. Are there any resources out there for new developers like must read documents or contributing guidelines? If not, maybe I could put together a CONTRIBUTING.md document as I learn and add it to the project.

Also, is there a formal list of tasks anywhere other than the roadmap? I'm thinking about taking on the keybinding line item as a first step.

In the meantime I'll continue to review PRs and dig through the source code - can't wait to commit some code!

TheLacus

Re: Resources for new devs?

Post by TheLacus »

Hi Ezren, i don't have anything particular to suggest you to read, apart this introducing tutorial and LypyL's modding system (here and here). Just wanted to welcome you to the forums :)

Ezren

Post by Ezren »

Excellent! That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums Ezren. :)

There's also the Daggerfall Tools for Unity tutorials page below.

http://www.dfworkshop.net/projects/dagg ... tutorials/

I still need to update some of the old tutorials for the latest version of DFTFU, but the process is almost exactly the same. You should be able work through them still with a little extra patience.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Either myself or someone else would be happy to try and answer.