Unleveled Mobs

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jay_H

Re: Unleveled Mobs

Post by Jay_H »

I took that into account. Dungeons aren't 100% uniform with Unleveled Mobs. In spider nests you'll see spiders, bats, and rats. They'll fight each other, giving you something of a respite, even if it's occasional.

Others, like Barbarian Strongholds, are real hodgepodges of foes. You'll see several kinds there that you can use for infighting.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

I also encountered a dungeon with the worst possible enemies for my character. My Vampire has critical weakness to fire and the dungeon was full of mages throwing fireballs, and loads of fire atronachts. It was a first time ever i was a glad that i happened to have a Resist Fire potion. These kinds of situations are just pure gold for me. As OP my vampire is that place really could take me down and fast. I have also encountered few more dungeons recently with more enemies fighting each others.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I just have to say:

When you started this I was sure you'd need a lot of help to get this completed. But it turned out I was completely wrong. You pulled it off all by yourself (except some Hazelnut startup help) and I could have just leaned back and whatched you work :D

It also turned out you were the perfect person to do this, since you knew the quests intimately and could do that part as well. I would have thought that was a WAY too big undertaking to even start it.

As a fellow startup modder (or should we refer to ourselves as "Hazelnuts Modlings" or something? :D) I'm really impressed with what you pulled off in such a short time.

Now we just need to get the other bits of Unleveled World up and running.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I do credit Hazelnut entirely with getting it off the ground, since that part would've been utterly impossible. The two bits I did were quite simple and cohesive, and I'm happy that they weren't a big headache to configure after the fact.

I really think Seferoth is doing the true Unleveled World, but I think 98% of users will insist Unleveled Quests is a necessary component to it :lol:

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:21 pm I do credit Hazelnut entirely with getting it off the ground, since that part would've been utterly impossible. The two bits I did were quite simple and cohesive, and I'm happy that they weren't a big headache to configure after the fact.

I really think Seferoth is doing the true Unleveled World, but I think 98% of users will insist Unleveled Quests is a necessary component to it :lol:
True that, but i am a masochist. :D . I also was a bit stuck earlier, i got a quest for a dungeon that was in an island with no ports(without owning a ship), the dungeon was a complete hellhole as well. I really thought there that i am not being paid enough for this shit! :D . Loved every moment though. I got to the island with a mixture of stamina spell and waterwalking. Oh and the character was a vampire so the rising sun was a bit of a problem as well.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

My level 3 new character had most wonderful time in a dungeon(Barrow Darkonus...something like that). Retrieve an item was the mission and got it from the inn. I was greeted by an army of liches,wraiths and ghosts...you can keep your 200 gold piece reward!

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hey I was just thinking about my idea to have "boss monsters" in quest locations, and it struck me this could be somethign you could actually handle Warm Ashes style?

What if you have a quest running that triggers upon entering a dungeon to place a monster in each quest location based on dungeon type?

I do not knwo the limitations of the quest system, so alternatives:

If you can't detect dungeon type while the quest is running:
Have a quest for each dungeon type that triggers upon endtering that dungeon type.

If you can't use all quest locations:
Have a bunch of quests running that all choose a quest location upon entering the dungeon.

Or maybe some other option I don't know about :D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

My experience has been that you can't place an object inside a dungeon you're in. I'd hope to be wrong about that, but I never got it to work. The game uses a system of "local" or "remote" to determine whether to place an object inside the town you're in or a distant town, and "local dungeon" isn't a parameter it accepts, only "remote dungeon."

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

So, i think i can give my full review of the mod now. Been using it for 10 days and over 100 hours of gameplay(i play way too much). I have been constantly impressed how varied the spawns are now. Sometimes i have found dungeons that are literal nightmares(nothing but Ancient Vampire or Liches), but i have even found places that was only inhabited by rats(there might have been 1 bat there as well). Usually the dungeons are a good mix of strong and weak enemies with some NPC classes thrown in.

Enemies also spawn in their correct places. This greatly increases the immersion for me. Orc strongholds have Orcs(who knew?), nests have spiders and such, places like volcanos can have fire daedra and such, laboratories have mages, etc. Now the message you get when approaching the dungeon accurately tells which kind of enemies you will be encountering giving you a better change to be prepared for the challenges ahead.

Werecreatures are more rare than in vanilla, but not overly so. At first i thought there were lot less enemy infighting, but this is just something that is a little less common than in vanilla due to nature of spawns now. Game is really difficult at the beginning, but not too difficult if you plan your actions accordingly, you are just required to be better prepared and need to have few priorities at the start like getting an early Silver/Elven weapon, magic users with Spell Absorption and Area at Range spells will have easier time(naturally).

One thing to add is that there can be a very cool and bizarre random encounters in the wilderness. I have seen Orcs fighting Spriggans(LotR reimagined), NPC classes getting destroyed by undead, or Gargoyles fighting werecreatures. These moments are always amazing for me as it again makes the game feel more alive and random(in a good way).

So, my final verdict for the mod is 10/10. For me it does exactly what i want it to do, it makes the game feel natural as you may encounter any enemy at any level. It forces me to be better prepared at most times, and night times are just pure fun now as undead of all kinds may harass you constantly in the wilderness. Undead attacks at night also reminds me of Dragon's Dogma...which is awesome. All in all it's a fantastic mod that adds a lot to the game and removes the worst part of level-scaling in Daggerfall(in my mind).

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Excellent. Thanks for the thorough testing, feedback, and compliment. I suppose next I can call it 1.0 without major concerns :)