The Big Hello Thread

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
DrunkenHollow

Re: The Big Hello Thread

Post by DrunkenHollow »

Greetings fellow forum dwellers.

I got interested in this game again after watching Zaric Zhakarons recent Youtube video about it. I'm honestly amazed how far this project has progressed. I used to play Daggerfall way back with a dosbox setup, and used to lurk in the DaggerXL forums, sadly I don't think there is a powerful enough necromancer to revive that project.

I'm also looking forward to contributing to modding Daggerfall unity. I'd say I'm somewhat experienced with 3d modeling and texturing, used to go by the username Fallen One in the ancient times of Planet Elderscrolls and the Morrowind modding forums. been doing 3d modeling ever since on and off whenever I had the inspiration. Definitely gonna see if I can turn some of my stuff into inventory art or weapon sprites for DFU.

Cheers. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums, DrunkenHollow! :)

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Hello Daggerfall Unity Community!

I have been playing Daggerfall extensively for 18 or so years and over 2k hours. For me, out of all the games in the Elder Scrolls series, Daggerfall has given me the most enjoyment, with Morrowind and Skyrim (heavily modded) being close seconds. I started following the Daggerfall Unity project a few years back when it was mentioned several times by the gaming streamer Zaric Zhakaron. The thought of a far more stable and playable version of my favorite TES game with additional modding capabilities truly excited me. Since following the project I was very impressed with the speed of development. After playing with it and experimenting with various mods I have really enjoyed the Daggerfall Unity experience so far the last several months and will probably never look back to the buggy mess of the original Daggerfall.

I recently decided to join the forum community to see if there was any way I could contribute. Unfortunately I am not a developer or one with modding experience at the moment (maybe I could learn).

A Big Thank You to the developers of Daggerfall Unity for giving us all a better, more stable and a truly SUPERIOR Elder Scrolls experience!!!
Last edited by Lokkrin Zhataros on Wed May 26, 2021 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome! :) Yes, yes, and yes. Organize your thoughts however you like; we're not obsessive about thread necromancing, strict organization, or things like that. If you decide to make a mega-thread, I doubt it'll beat mine for size... ;)

Rand

Post by Rand »

Jay_H wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:18 am I doubt it'll beat mine for size... ;)
Or the number of times edited. 199! :lol:

Interesting reading, though!

You have a way to go to beat the number of posts record though. ;)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I'm actually amazed how many posts I have. I didn't really start until mid-2017 with the quest system, and I rarely post in mod topics.

I may ask myself, how did I get this many posts?
And you may ask yourself, "How do I work this?"
And you may ask yourself, "Where is that large automobile?"
And you may tell yourself, "This is not my beautiful house"
And you may tell yourself, "This is not my beautiful wife"

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Thank you Jay_H ! I just looked at your mega-post and it’s pretty impressive. I will search the forum and try to make sure I’m not posting ideas that other people already have.

Sintelic

Post by Sintelic »

Hello everyone!

Daggerfall is such an important game to me, and those at the forum. The Unity project made me fall in love with the game again, I hope more people recognize the ambition, charm, and in-depth experience this game has.

My hat is off to this community and those who made it come to fruition.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums Sintelic! :)

Lord_Braathen

Post by Lord_Braathen »

Hi everyone,

I have played Daggerfall for 10 years only, it's not a big deal, i know... (looking at my ****).
When i started the game for the first time, I immediatly felt in love in front of its immensity and I had and still have the feeling to be part of something bigger than me.
I did not play a game, I was an adventurer of this ruthless and merciless world.
Even if Daggerfall has its flaws, it created something that i never seen elsewhere, it still holds the candle today.

When games reviewers or gamers talk about sandbox or open world games, it makes me laugh.
Daggerfall is still the king in a several aspects, it's why i'm still playing it and was waiting (and still waiting) for games to replace it, in vain. I had a glimpse of hope with DaggerXL (i was one the first supporter as a frenchy("fraternité" we say))

Indeed, the work of Interkarma did everything what i wanted, bring Daggerfall in the 21st Century.

For this, you have my eternal gratitude Interkarma.

So, as a player of this fabulous game i wanted to give a contribution to build the best RPG ever together
( we're not far from this true statement, keep it real). It's why, I checked my own moderate skills, image manipulation and music.
Then, it was obvious, I had to help making a remaster of the soundtrack which can match the new polish and beauty of the game. Few months ago, I decided to move in a cave, seperated from the civilization and remaster each day one of the 144 music file...(too many if you want my opinion)

And yesterday, I finally made it, after sweats and relentless efforts. My accoustic and orchestral remaster is finally ready to played on Daggerfall.

I stopped playing Daggerfall this 4 last months to start a new life in Cyrodiil. Now i'm ready to be part of the society and slay bats and rats.

I would like to thank Interkarma (of course) and all contributors who elevate Daggerfall to the rank of wonder.

You can find my remaster on this thread :viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3203
Orchestral and Accoustic Remaster of Daggerfall Soundtrack