Stretched or repeating textures

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
King of Worms

Re: Stretched or repeating textures

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for update .)
Are u able to do texture swaps as well? I think these are completely wrong textures... but even if you cant, just aligning them to be horizontal/vertical will help. I can send a save..
01.jpg
01.jpg (405.42 KiB) Viewed 2569 times
And this one... I thought theres a wrong texture, but found out I can levitate thru the darkness up, so the model is missing...
02.jpg
02.jpg (467.79 KiB) Viewed 2569 times

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

Yes I can fix wrong textures, like the city gates floor which uses a dungeon wall texture instead of a floor texture. This is rather easy as it only requires patching a word (i.e. two bytes) of data. For your example, could you add a save?

However, fixing missing models is not currently an option as the only thing I can do is patching BSA files offsets at runtime. Apart from your example, there is a missing portion of the Aldingwall cemetery hedge. I'll try to maintain a list of these missing models in case we find a way to fix them in the future.

pango

Post by pango »

Stretched texture in Castle Faallem, Sentinel:
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (136.22 KiB) Viewed 2461 times
Attachments
SAVE374.zip
(297.75 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

Lesser issue (but less standard) in a "pyramid" module of Asmeborgon Hollow, Dragontail Mountains:
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (106.8 KiB) Viewed 2459 times
Looks like they used the wrong texture or something. The symetric texture (on the other side of the stairs) is also wrong.

ModelIndex=6432, ModelID=58016, TextureArchive=124, TextureRecord=2
ModelIndex=102, ModelID=58015, TextureArchive=124, TextureRecord=2
Attachments
SAVE378.zip
(285.1 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Last edited by pango on Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

Frontage of alchemist, right in the marketplace of Daggerfall.
I was almost sure it was already reported, but couldn't find any proof of that, so here it is...
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (104.22 KiB) Viewed 2456 times
Attachments
SAVE380.zip
(404.45 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
-- Charles Goodhart

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

Thanks for these reports pango. I already had the castle bridge on my todo list. I was also aware of the repeating texture on the right side of this house entrance, an issue which is not present in classic. It could be processed using my current UV unpacking method, however this would also cause side effects on other model panels, such as some house roofs I fixed months ago. So I'll fix the house using my runtime patch method, it will be better.

pango

Post by pango »

Stretched texture right at the entrance of Ruins of the bernar farmstead, Sentinel:
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (100.41 KiB) Viewed 2341 times
As seen in Pumpkin Play's: Daggerfall Unity #98

Daggerfall Modeling says
ModelIndex=7801, ModelID=63138, TextureArchive=123, TextureRecord=4
if that helps
Attachments
SAVE442.zip
(240.85 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
-- Charles Goodhart

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

Ferital wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:32 pm However, fixing missing models is not currently an option as the only thing I can do is patching BSA files offsets at runtime. Apart from your example, there is a missing portion of the Aldingwall cemetery hedge. I'll try to maintain a list of these missing models in case we find a way to fix them in the future.
I actually ended up fixing this after it got reported here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3212

My fix uses the World Data system, do you think this could be done by patching the BSA?

All I did was add an extra model (ID 2006) to the Interior.Block3dObjectRecords with the correction XYZ coordinates and rotation. If you happen to have a list of other interiors with similar issues, I can load them in Blender and see what's needed to fix them.
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

There are a few models with missing parts I'm aware of, one of those is the cemetery hedge in Aldingwall, Daggerfall. There is also a tree trunk with a missing face which can be find in dungeons on the occasion, but I don't have its model ID.

However, I'm not sure how I could include your work in my current runtime BSA patch. Do you have a DFU branch on GitHub with your changes, so I could take a look at them?

What I'm fixing with my runtime patch is mostly bad texture UV coordinates (DF original data has plenty of them) and incorrectly assigned textures (less common). So it involves patching the BSA file in memory immediately after it's loaded by DFU. But I stopped working on this months ago because my method to obtain corrected UV coordinates and corresponding offsets to patch was a little too complicated. I use a modified version of Daggerfall Modelling to do this but I need to modify it a little more to be able to fix textures more easily. Unfortunately, I will not have much time to do this and, in general, to contribute to DFU until the end of January, I think.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

I think this one belongs to here. I am not sure where that actually is. I was in a rush when i took that pic and left(IRL)...sorry.
Attachments
Näyttökuva (20).jpg
Näyttökuva (20).jpg (460.49 KiB) Viewed 2251 times