[Mod]: Inventory Filter

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Asesino

[Mod]: Inventory Filter

Post by Asesino »

book.png
book.png (188.82 KiB) Viewed 6252 times
Mod: Inventory Filter

This implements a filter to the inventory window; allowing you to filter to specific items, categories of items, or types of materials.

* you can perform positive filters such as steel to find all steel items
* you can perform negative filters such as -steel to find all items not made of steel
* you can combine filters such as -steel weapon to find all weapons not made of steel

Version 1.4 is on Nexus now. Note: DFU version 0.10.26 is required for this upgrade.
If you are on 0.10.25 or below, please stick with 1.3.
This version introduces no new functionality, it is a recompile to make compatible with 0.10.26+.

The Mod can be found at https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/59

Thanks
Asesino
Last edited by Asesino on Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Aleryn

Re: [Mod]: Inventory Filter

Post by Aleryn »

This is going to save so much time searching through a loaded wagon. Particularly for such essential but niche items like cure poison potions and whatnot.

Thank you for creating this, and special appreciation from my poor scroll-wheel.
Last edited by Aleryn on Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

pango

Post by pango »

Hi,
Could you rename the archives on Nexus? "Windows Version", "OS X Version", "Linux Version", this is too generic, first thing players will do is probably to rename them to remember what they're about...
Thanks!
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Asesino

Post by Asesino »

Sorry Pango, that makes sense. I will correct that when I get back to my Pc.

Dubiousintent

Post by Dubiousintent »

Please do the same for the "ReadMe.txt" file. Many people tend to place them in one location, but have to rename them first or only the latest to be installed will exist.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Dubiousintent wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:33 pm Please do the same for the "ReadMe.txt" file. Many people tend to place them in one location, but have to rename them first or only the latest to be installed will exist.
This is a valid point. For my mods i started putting ModName.txt files inside StreamingAssets/Docs and it seems the best solution to avoid unwanted overwrites. I'll add this as a suggestion in the modding documentation and make it a default folder in the editor.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Very nice mod, thank you :)

If I can make a suggestion.. create a tooltip info which will be shown after hovering your cursor upon the "filter" button.
There you can describe all the functions.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Another great mod. Thank you. :)

Asesino

Post by Asesino »

Aleryn wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:35 am This is going to save so much time searching through a loaded wagon. Particularly for such essential but niche items like cure poison potions and whatnot.

Thank you for creating this, and special appreciation from my poor scroll-wheel.
I am glad you are enjoying it. Please let me know if there is anything you would like changed.
thanks
a

Asesino

Post by Asesino »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:53 pm Very nice mod, thank you :)

If I can make a suggestion.. create a tooltip info which will be shown after hovering your cursor upon the "filter" button.
There you can describe all the functions.
Hi KoW, I just uploaded a new version that has the tooltip that you recommended. Please let me know if the wording is unclear or too verbose.

thanks
a