Custom Portraits

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Sitrus

Re: Custom Portraits

Post by Sitrus »

King of Worms wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:47 pm Sitrus pls be aware of the dimensions as Ive posted on this page... if its possible, take this into the consideration when you will be building that automation. Its quite important for this to work properly at the end of the day. Just a heads up. Its ultimately up to you ofc. I just want to let you know in advance because I faced similar problems and it took me days to correct that.
Thank you for the heads up. I'm planning to write a script to resize everything automatically. I'll try to keep the dimensions in mind even right now but I'm too lazy to fix everything manually. I'll fix them sometime soon, work has been keeping me busier than I expected (or wanted).

I was hoping to find time to hone and work on the quality of these a bit more, but that hasn't been possible. This should include the vanilla Daggerfall style variations of all weapons for females. Some are way higher quality than others, which has become a trend this far and I have wrote down for myself notes on which ones need to be redrawn (the short bow, halberd and hammer especially). Unfortunately I've not found the time for this, so I'm sharing these as assurance that this project isn't dead or on hiatus and that right now I'm working on it albeit a bit slower than previously.

EDIT: Immediately after posting I realised the link I originally posted was missing a few files.
https://mega.nz/#!JOplkKxI!NRKMOPmSGvLg ... lr5J_ONVgM

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I might be able to help with resizing.

Only problem I see here is, that the way I want to do that is by resizing the canvas and keep the image inside the canvas intact. So theres no resizing of the actual image, only the canvas, and thus there no degradation of the quality.

It will be just a few pixels here and there.

But that might result in a slightly off placing of the items on the paperdoll :/ And that would need a correction via the xml files maybe.

Anyway, let me know if I can help somehow .)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi mate, Im a bit confused with the weapons part of this mods.

I think there is 1 weapon too much in every set.

In my version of paperdoll, you have 10 variants of each weapon, in your there is one more.

Example of my paperdoll weapon set:
233_0-0
233_0-0_Adamantium
233_0-0_Daedric
233_0-0_Dwarven
233_0-0_Ebony
233_0-0_Elven
233_0-0_Iron
233_0-0_Mithril
233_0-0_Orcish
233_0-0_Steel

Same set with your version:
233_0-0
233_0-0_Adamantium
233_0-0_Daedric
233_0-0_Dwarven
233_0-0_Ebony
233_0-0_Elven
233_0-0_Iron
233_0-0_Mithril
233_0-0_Orcish
233_0-0_silver
233_0-0_Steel

So you have that silver weapon more than me. But those silver weapons should - as far as I know - look like 233_0-0. There should not be written "silver" in the suffix.

My guess is that to solve it, lets just delete the 233_0-0_Silver in this case (and in every other weapon variant)

2nd thing is, that the weapon images dont have correct size so they cant be compressed in unity.
Their dimensions are not able to be divided by 4 without a decimal numbers result.

For example this 233 axe has a 768 x 703 dimension >
768/4 = 192 (OK)
703/4 = 175,75 (Not Ok)

Change 703 to 704 and than 704/4=176 (Ok)

Just a heads up. I know these technicalities are annoying :X

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

And one last thing :)

The dwarwen weapons appear too bright compared to the rest IMO. Plus the weapons have incorrect dimensions in some cases. (cant divide by 4)
233_5-0_dwarven.png
233_5-0_dwarven.png (78.45 KiB) Viewed 3010 times

But what you did looks awesome so far, Ive made a test version where I merged your work with what I had and packed to DFMOD and I play with that (as a female char) and its really starting to look proper.
01.jpg
01.jpg (753.71 KiB) Viewed 3010 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi Sitrus, is everything all right, its been a while :)

Just a little bit worried about the fate of the armors, would be very sad if the files vanished.
Sorry if that sounds strange, but Ive seen this happen many times since Im a part of this project.

Silence

Post by Silence »

True.
«Release early, release often», right?
Many knights Silence unsat / from the saddle, with her lance / Had they known truth as it was / that the one who made'm fall / possessed naught of being male / but the skill and tools of trade! / Livid witnesses they'd be / of Nurture's triumph over Birth

DigitalMonk

Post by DigitalMonk »

My apologies if this is obvious and well known, but ImageMagick is quite handy for command line (and batch/bulk) image manipulation.
https://imagemagick.org/index.php

Seems very useful for the "increase the canvas size to nearest multiple of X without rescaling image, then align image {wherever appropriate, probably upper left}". You would use the magick or convert command, and I think the arguments you need (at least to start) are:
  • -extents to set the new canvas size
  • -gravity to specify how to align the old image in the new canvas
Here's a crash course:
https://imagemagick.org/script/command- ... essing.php

Resizing with lots of options:
http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/resize/

And there might be things here for automatic tiling, noising, denoising, fractal generation, etc, if that is helpful at all for making or testing texture replacements:
http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/canvas/

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Pls pls pls dont vanish with your awesome armor work :? :roll: :cry:
That would be just so sad :X

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I will drop another bugs here, so I dont forget, I will use this post to report em if I find more:

241_58-0_Aquamarine and other color variants - image is not clothing but full body. Im proud Ive found it! :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

The loss of these armors will haunt me for ever Im afraid :X I think he forgot to place it in the uploads of the sprites he did, considered it "shared" and moved on... well RIP my wet dreams
ebony.png
ebony.png (586.75 KiB) Viewed 1857 times
armors.png
armors.png (644.04 KiB) Viewed 1857 times
dwarven.png
dwarven.png (545.73 KiB) Viewed 1857 times