Unleveled Mobs

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Seferoth

Re: Unleveled Mobs

Post by Seferoth »

I might have been lucky with my spawns, and as i keep making new characters constantly i tend to be underleveled most of the time, which just makes these encounters far more deadly...and fun! :D

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Okay it works! After removing Warm Ashes wilderness files and disabling WildernessNPCs mod all I got at night was undead including a vampire. Although it was just one enemy at a time and only spawned a few times per night. But that is just wilderness spawns, in dungeons I got entire mobs of 5 to 8 +plus of one enemy. This is definitely fun and challenging. :D

I'd be kinda cool to have a option in this mod to adjust mob spawn rate in wilderness/night, similar to the WildernessNPCs mod.
Just a quick suggestion.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Interkarma enabled mod support for spawn rates, which this mod doesn't touch. It'd be a simple companion mod to this one if anyone chose to ;)

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Jay_H wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:53 pm Interkarma enabled mod support for spawn rates, which this mod doesn't touch. It'd be a simple companion mod to this one if anyone chose to ;)
Good to know! I'm kinda thinking that the settings in WildernessNPCs may already do this and work with Unleveled Mobs and Warm Ashes. Will try this soon.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Another little tale, a short one though. This time in a dungeon. So was in a Fortress at Satakalaam, nothing out of ordinary, just some Nightblades and such...until, i opened a regular door and there were 6-8 Nightblades and rogues, some of them were standing on containers others scattered around in this medium sized room. They all took their bows and shot me dead where is stood. It was a freaking firing squad i swear! :D

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

So many mods, so little time....
Check out my YouTube Channel!

L57

Post by L57 »

Great mod, really enjoying new design of dungeon inhabitants spawn. However, wilderness encounters look too imbalanced to me. Ghosts and werebears/wolves and such attack extremely often in my limited experience.

I see the point since many players prefer hardcore approach with many vampires at nights and stuff, but is it possible to make chances and types of enemies customisable? I'd prefer more 'realistic' world with bears and sabre cats as the most likely encounter, then bandits and spriggans to the lesser extent, and vampires and werewolves/werebears as a very rare yet very brutal and unfortunate one.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

There are limitations to what the spawning system can do. Take a look at the data tables:
https://github.com/JayH2971/unleveled-m ... od.cs#L639
Daggerfall spawns enemies by starting at the top of the list when you're level 1 and randomly selecting from the first 6 slots. When you're level 2, it's slots 2-7, and when you're level 3, it's slots 3-8, etc.

It's hard to come up with a spawning system that's balanced and unchanging, when placing slots erroneously can make something spawn too frequently, but it is possible, yes.

L57

Post by L57 »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:37 pm There are limitations to what the spawning system can do. Take a look at the data tables:
https://github.com/JayH2971/unleveled-m ... od.cs#L639
Daggerfall spawns enemies by starting at the top of the list when you're level 1 and randomly selecting from the first 6 slots. When you're level 2, it's slots 2-7, and when you're level 3, it's slots 3-8, etc.

It's hard to come up with a spawning system that's balanced and unchanging, when placing slots erroneously can make something spawn too frequently, but it is possible, yes.
Thank you! The majority of lists look perfect to me given the limitations you mentioned. The only thing I'd suggest is that there should be more wild beasts in the wilderness in general: bears during day, spiders at night and such. And also less animals in various mines and dungeons.

I suppose undead and gargoyles have little reason to roam wild forests, it is really of no interest to them :D It's reasonable to add some vampires at very end of the list, so they will spawn at higher level sometimes, and wipe out ghosts and skeletons from the wilderness. Vampires on the city streets at nights (at the bottom of the list, at higher levels with one or two lines) would be cool as well. Besides random bandits and rats.

Just my thoughts, ofc, but I think these simple considerations may noticeably improve overall in-game immersion.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

That's contrary to the point of an unleveled world, isn't it? ;) Some people do want a less-leveled world, but I'll leave that to someone else to calculate. It'd be a whole new project to decide what's fair and proper for a world that levels slightly as you advance.

I'll keep in mind your suggestions about the animal spawns if I return to update this.