Unleveled Mobs

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
L57

Re: Unleveled Mobs

Post by L57 »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:11 pm That's contrary to the point of an unleveled world, isn't it? ;) Some people do want a less-leveled world, but I'll leave that to someone else to calculate. It'd be a whole new project to decide what's fair and proper for a world that levels slightly as you advance.

I'll keep in mind your suggestions about the animal spawns if I return to update this.
Well, if your wilderness encounters limited to animals only, then it is unleveled too :D but pretty boring for many indeed. Of course it is a matter of personal preference and it is impossible to achieve equally good results for everyone. Anyway, thank you for your work, this mod changes gameplay profoundly in a very positive way and I already happy with it. :)

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

I can understand why some players may just want animals in their wilderness spawns. It kinda makes sense to a certain degree. But I would counter this by saying that it has always been the case in later Elder Scrolls games that a variety of enemies are found in the wilderness that include animals, bandits, undead, ghosts, deadra, etc. Of course, whether this actually makes sense or is realistic is up to individual players and modders.

I personally like the variety of enemies that the games could throw at me regardless of what it is or where I am. I could always make up my own justifications of why this particular creature/enemy was in a particular place. To me a ghost, zombie or vampire has just as much reason to chase me around anywhere as a rat, bear or tiger.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

To be fair, this mod is trivially easy to implement (though still beyond my level of programming). I wouldn't be surprised to see any number of unleveled world mods come out with different configurations (including one that spawns only town guards!).

Jeoshua

Post by Jeoshua »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:00 pm (including one that spawns only town guards!).
Daggerfall: Halt Edition.

BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Jeoshua wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:56 am
Jay_H wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:00 pm (including one that spawns only town guards!).
Daggerfall: Halt Edition.
Halt-erfall
DaggerHALT

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

So it's clear that there is a huge demand for Haltfall. Replace absolutely everything with guards and make all tracks like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpeettBUmF4 . :D

Lokkrin Zhataros

LOL! :lol: Honestly I like the idea of having mounted guards that are more difficult to run away from. That old mod was kinda interesting and fun in classic Daggerfall.

I'm glad of the possibility of having a variety of enemy leveling mods for many different of playstyles.

EDIT: I like Oblivion's Imperial guards the best, obviously!
"Stop! You violated the law. Pay the court a fine or serve your sentence. Your stolen goods are now forforforforfeit."

L57

Post by L57 »

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:26 pm I can understand why some players may just want animals in their wilderness spawns. It kinda makes sense to a certain degree. But I would counter this by saying that it has always been the case in later Elder Scrolls games that a variety of enemies are found in the wilderness that include animals, bandits, undead, ghosts, deadra, etc. Of course, whether this actually makes sense or is realistic is up to individual players and modders.
The problem is that unlike later games, Daggerfall is devoid of wildlife completely. With "Wilderness NPCs" we have bandits fighting with bats or spiders sometimes, but it's still impossible to meet a lone bear in the forest AFAIK. And now it's so rare even in the wilderness spawns. Probably it just makes sense to have another mod which spawns some rare wild animals for purely "decorative" purposes.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Another story. Random encounter at night(I should have learned by now), oh a vampire, no big deal i thought until i got damaged out of nowhere again, i turned around and saw another vampire! "Oh, two vampires, well this is rare" i thought...turned around again and died...there was a third vampire! "OH COME ON!" I screamed. :D

Lokkrin Zhataros

L57 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:15 am
Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:26 pm I can understand why some players may just want animals in their wilderness spawns. It kinda makes sense to a certain degree. But I would counter this by saying that it has always been the case in later Elder Scrolls games that a variety of enemies are found in the wilderness that include animals, bandits, undead, ghosts, deadra, etc. Of course, whether this actually makes sense or is realistic is up to individual players and modders.
The problem is that unlike later games, Daggerfall is devoid of wildlife completely. With "Wilderness NPCs" we have bandits fighting with bats or spiders sometimes, but it's still impossible to meet a lone bear in the forest AFAIK. And now it's so rare even in the wilderness spawns. Probably it just makes sense to have another mod which spawns some rare wild animals for purely "decorative" purposes.
Okay, but we already have this in DaggerfallUnity now with WARM ASHES! I constantly have encounters with wildlife in the wilderness. Rats, bats, bears, tigers, etc all found individually or in mobs. Yes, I have encountered many lone bears and tigers in the wilderness, maybe I'm just lucky. Wildlife encounters are not rare, in fact for me they can become annoying. But combine that with other mobs like bandits, undead, etc. and the wilderness has a crazy amount of life now and I couldn't be more happy!

Also, I was agreeing and understanding your point-of-view for the most part. I was just adding that in later games there are much more enemy types in the wilderness than just wildlife. So it won't make sense for many players, like myself, to only have boring wildlife in their wilderness, for us it would make it more lifeless. Therefor...

Like I said, it's up to the opinions of individual players and modders to come up with the "perfect enemy spawning" mod for them. If the creation of such a mod is fairly easy and simple than it shouldn't be too difficult to make your own. Personally I'm satisfied with what the current available mods do (like Warm Ashes and Unleveled Mobs!). They add much more life to the wilderness than even later games, so I'm perfectly satisfied and have no reason to complain.