[MOD] Loot Realism mod pack

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ryan7251

Re: [MOD] Loot Realism mod pack

Post by Ryan7251 »

Ryan7251 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:32 am Hi i think i have ran into a compatibility issue but i don't know what mods are doing it.
Ok so i think it has to do with spells or something because whenever i open my spell book the game stops registering my inputs other then i can move the mouse around anyway i have the following mods.
1.Archaeologists
2.Decorator
3.Dream
4.levelup adjuster
5.lootrealism
6.NPC health indicators
7.unleveled mobs
EDIT:So i tried the mod with no other mods on and i have the same issue my mouse just acts like nothing is there when i click i can't click out or on any spells however i did find out i can hit E and i can leave the spell book but nothing else works odd stuff.

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

What happens without any mods?
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

How about with no mods? Loot Realism does not touch the actual spellbook menues. There is nothing in it that should cause this effect. I am suspecting game or user error in your end here.

pango

Post by pango »

Game logs, or at very least some game save could help understand what's going on...
To find logs: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=313
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Would you consider adding equipment wearing monsters such as Orcs to your mod? At least the "AddOrEquipWornItem" part that gives the random condition values on the spawned enemy? I like that human enemies all have random quality equipment on them, but strange that orcs all have brand new stuff on them. If anything, I would think the mostly barbaric orcs would have mostly worn and none maintained gear on them.

Skakmat

Post by Skakmat »

Magicono43 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:56 pm Would you consider adding equipment wearing monsters such as Orcs to your mod? At least the "AddOrEquipWornItem" part that gives the random condition values on the spawned enemy? I like that human enemies all have random quality equipment on them, but strange that orcs all have brand new stuff on them. If anything, I would think the mostly barbaric orcs would have mostly worn and none maintained gear on them.
Well in later games they get talked up a lot for their armor and weaponsmithing abilities, maybe that's what it is.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Already considering it, but thanks for the suggestion. I even fooled myself recently thinking the mod wasn't working cos I was getting new stuff dropping before I realised I was fighting orcs.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

mrmistophelees

Post by mrmistophelees »

Ryan7251 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:47 am
Ryan7251 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:32 am Hi i think i have ran into a compatibility issue but i don't know what mods are doing it.
Ok so i think it has to do with spells or something because whenever i open my spell book the game stops registering my inputs other then i can move the mouse around anyway i have the following mods.
1.Archaeologists
2.Decorator
3.Dream
4.levelup adjuster
5.lootrealism
6.NPC health indicators
7.unleveled mobs
EDIT:So i tried the mod with no other mods on and i have the same issue my mouse just acts like nothing is there when i click i can't click out or on any spells however i did find out i can hit E and i can leave the spell book but nothing else works odd stuff.
I'm having the same problem. The spellbook is completely inactive, and the only thing I can do is use the abort spell key to get out. I cannot cast any spells. I have most of the same mods that this user has installed. The other thing is that even though I deactivated all mods, the problem persists in my save game.

After researching google, it was determined that unchecking the setting "starting spells based on skills" would prevent the problem from occurring. Which is why, I think, people are considering that this mod has a problem or incompatibility with something else...

I saw someone ask for the log, so here is a link to my output log using control c: https://controlc.com/a1c49c62

EDIT: When starting a new game with all my mods installed, but "starting spells based on skills" unchecked, the spellbook acts as it should again, being interactive and I can cast spells.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Should this thread be locked? THis is after all the old version of the mod.

The new "Roleplay & Realism: Items" has its own thread.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Closed at the topic creator's request :)