Daggerfall Unity 0.10.21

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Interkarma

Daggerfall Unity 0.10.21

Post by Interkarma »

New blog post is up for the latest builds. Besides covering this release, I tried to recap briefly on the last few months of updates, the overall state of the game, and what's coming up in the future.

https://www.dfworkshop.net/daggerfall-u ... ch-builds/

Baler

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.10.21

Post by Baler »

Thank You!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Nice to see the dev summary, and I really like the preamble you did, thank you everybody, great job raising this baby up 8-)

PS: That bottom left corner was quite a prophetic claim, wasnt it? And here we are in 2020, like :ugeek:
Spoiler!
26-159(RGB)(auto_scale)(Level3)(tta)(x2.000000).jpg
26-159(RGB)(auto_scale)(Level3)(tta)(x2.000000).jpg (938.74 KiB) Viewed 4144 times

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

My preferred play style is a melee/archer hybrid, so this update is a GODSEND! Thanks!! :mrgreen:

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

emmathepony wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:06 pm My preferred play style is a melee/archer hybrid, so this update is a GODSEND! Thanks!! :mrgreen:
Glad you like it, the switching was getting on my nerves. :) Note that unfortunately it does have a bug in this release where it's using the weapon in your right hand for damage and condition lowering. Will be fixed in the next release, but for the time being enjoy not having to repair your bow every 10 minutes. You may want to avoid using the bow with a crappy weapon in other hand for now.

I'm interested in feedback on the switch delay balance, I think it may be a little too fast. I wanted it to be faster than delving in your bag, but not so you could shoot and immediately draw a sword and cut them. My feeling is that it's quick enough anyway that using smaller weapons (both bow and 1h weapon) for a faster switch is just not a worthwhile choice as it is now, so considering changing the divisor.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:32 pm
emmathepony wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:06 pm My preferred play style is a melee/archer hybrid, so this update is a GODSEND! Thanks!! :mrgreen:
Note that it does have a bug in this release where it's using the weapon in your right hand for damage and condition lowering. Will be fixed in the next release, but for the time being enjoy not having to repair your bow every 10 minutes. You may want to avoid using the bow with a crappy weapon in other hand for the time being.
Oh, didn't know about this bug, guess I'll just keep the Ebony Dagger in my other hand lol
Hazelnut wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:32 pmI'm interested in feedback on the switch delay balance, I think it may be a little too fast. I wanted it to be faster than delving in your bag, but not so you could shoot and immediately draw a sword and cut them. My feeling is that it's quick enough anyway that using smaller weapons (both bow and 1h weapon) for a faster switch is just not a worthwhile choice as it is now, so considering changing the divisor.
I like the switch rate how it is right now, as you said, it's not too quick but not too long that it's better to just go in the inventory screen and do it manually.

Aleryn

Post by Aleryn »

Throw me in as another gushing appreciation of the Bow/Melee hybrid option, and I think the switch speed is good where it is. Maybe consider timing the full size bow a bit slower than the short bow if a middleground is needed. Native screenshots is great too, especially the save location override. And of course, the bug fixes are probably appreciated most of all. This really does feel more like a platform than just a game now.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Indeed the bow/melee switch takes the game to another level, more in line with how games work now.
Id like to see a 2 equip presets as well, thats standard RPG practice Id say.
Would be cool to have a armored equip, and than for example casual clothing with some buffs to speech or personality..

pango

Post by pango »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:31 am Id like to see a 2 equip presets as well, thats standard RPG practice Id say.
Would be cool to have a armored equip, and than for example casual clothing with some buffs to speech or personality..
Tried the Outfit Manager mod?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

pango wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:48 am
King of Worms wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:31 am Id like to see a 2 equip presets as well, thats standard RPG practice Id say.
Tried the Outfit Manager mod?
Not yet :oops: Thanks for a reminder!