[DFUnity] Polish translation

Discuss translation of Daggerfall Unity and the required Daggerfall installation. Help other communities learn how to translate Daggerfall using any available tools and processes.
BadLuckBurt

Re: [DFUnity] Polish translation

Post by BadLuckBurt »

I think you misread what I said. I didnt say he is completely out of luck. Just out of luck for a complete translation in DFU for the time being until these problems are addressed. The window classes I pointed to can be used to solve part of the problem but to make full translation possible needs nore customisability
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

Jebany czarodziej

Post by Jebany czarodziej »

So I finished making first font and I think it looks pretty good. Now I'll be making bold/dialogue font and I think images will be translated for now.
OPTN00I0.IMG.png
OPTN00I0.IMG.png (1.37 MiB) Viewed 5405 times

Jebany czarodziej

And the bold/conversation font is done too. Now only to finish the rest of images and I can get back to translating text. Both fonts are in attachments (tho they don't have any numbers yet, maybe I'll get to that later).
TRAV0I04.IMG.png
TRAV0I04.IMG.png (980.5 KiB) Viewed 5390 times
Attachments
daggerfont thin.zip
(4.37 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
daggerfall bold.zip
(3.22 KiB) Downloaded 254 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

That font looks really good, great job! Its nice to see the progress.
Some of these tabs Ive sent you are not the latest version - I mean, the tabs in DREAM were updated since than, but they have baked-in texts, thats why I send the empty ones. The new ones are just mostly darkened and Ive added shading at the edges - all to improve blending in the game. I can do the same with the images you have now, when they are ready.

Jebany czarodziej

Deepfighter wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:07 am As a general rule of thumb. Always try first to translate the original game, instead of DFUnity. Makes things a lot easier afterwards, as DFUnity is in most cases just a "bridge" to the original files, which have to be altered (TEXT.RSC e.g.) externally. Furthermore translation feature isn't fledged out yet and we should give Interkarma time to do it. Besides, you can nevertheless already translate the whole game. For more information, see my pinned thread.

As all the other language translations did, you can edit the four font files in Daggerfall with the font editor by Idrachod. You replace characters, which you don't need in your language and replace them with your special characters (ą, ć, ł, ź). Before you ask, yes you have to draw them ;-)
I found your post that explains, which files can be edited for translations. It was posted 2 years ago. How accurate is this info today? Does DFUnity still use files in arena2? I translated MONSTER.BSA and it still shows up in english