[MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Roleplay & Realism mod pack

Post by Ralzar »

Nono, he just had to put his hands away and he could climb! :D

Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

Post by Ralzar »

Suggestion for small QOL feature: When exiting a dungeon during day, the game automatically extinguishes any light sources in your inventory.

I keep over and over using up all my oil because I'm walking around with a lit lantern in the middle of the day without knowing it.

Although the other alternative would actually be a lantern icon on the HUD when you have a lit lantern.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Torch hotkey please :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

The torch is not part of this mod guys.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hazelnut

Re: [MOD] Roleplay & Realism mod pack

Post by Hazelnut »

hannafamilycomputer wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:26 pm These 3 rooms are pretty furnished, so I think working beds would make sence.
Good news, this should work soon and all three of those beds will work for resting in the future.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Jhonrock

Post by Jhonrock »

I really liked the change in enemy appearance, very immersive.

But, if I may, I would like to recommend an option to turn off the feature of killing peasants by trampling them with the horse.

After installing this mod, the number of "accidents" happening in the capital city of Daggerfall sky rocketed and now the authorities are really mad with the perpetrator.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Jhonrock wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:02 am After installing this mod, the number of "accidents" happening in the capital city of Daggerfall sky rocketed and now the authorities are really mad with the perpetrator.
Hey man, it's your choice to go gallopping through the streets. Just ride at a normal pace and there's no problem :D

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:52 am
Jhonrock wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:02 am After installing this mod, the number of "accidents" happening in the capital city of Daggerfall sky rocketed and now the authorities are really mad with the perpetrator.
Hey man, it's your choice to go gallopping through the streets. Just ride at a normal pace and there's no problem :D
Yep, I am a firm believer in player choice! Oh, and consequences... :D

I've had quite a few requests to remove this from the mod, and I just do not understand it. If you wanna speed around unrealistically without a care in the world then just use the console.

Jhonrock

Post by Jhonrock »

Hazelnut wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:28 am

I've had quite a few requests to remove this from the mod, and I just do not understand it. If you wanna speed around unrealistically without a care in the world then just use the console.
An option to turn this feature on or off is also a player choice. And, considering the other requests that showed up, this doesn't seem so unreasonable/unthinkable.

But don't mind it. I'll turnt it completely off here and keep playing with the normal horse speed. The lives of the people of Daggerfall are more important. :D

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Jhonrock wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:57 pm
Hazelnut wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:28 am

An option to turn this feature on or off is also a player choice. And, considering the other requests that showed up, this doesn't seem so unreasonable/unthinkable.

But don't mind it. I'll turnt it completely off here and keep playing with the normal horse speed. The lives of the people of Daggerfall are more important. :D
Haha, yeah be a good citizen! But you realise you could simply not press shift when in town, or only when you have a clear run and not in tightly packed residential areas? :D

I'm open to a setting that simply disables galloping in towns though like other games tend to do. Personally not my cup of tea, but it does seems some people would be happier with than and still being able to go fast across the terrain.