[MOD] Realtime Reflections

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Dracosophy

Re: [MOD] Realtime Reflections

Post by Dracosophy »

I'll test the reflections with my new install for a few days of playing and report the results here.

RE: Pango's mods list
Cool, thanks! Looks like my Morrowind, Oblivion & Skyrim mods lists back in the day... and also recently when I update the big mods for Morrowind and play it for a couple months every couple years. :D

Awesome that you use Linux... wife & i always wanted to use it more! We're about to build an up-to-date desktop and since were considering a Linux partition... my gaming rig is now 5-6+ years old though it still handles most things I play, up to and including things like Verdun, NS2, Dwarf Fortress, and stuff like Total War & Civ.
but we're planning to do some video editing/recording so it's about time.
"Dra-kohso-fee" A word I created to express interest in truth & the study of danger(s).
Draco meaning: snake, serpent, or dragon (metaphorical 'ultimate challenge')
-sophy (from Greek) meaning: knowledge of-, understanding or wisdom.

The Holy Knight

Post by The Holy Knight »

Im using the current build of the mod but ever since I updated to the latest build of DFUnity the reflections are not working for me anymore

Corsair

Post by Corsair »

The Holy Knight wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:01 am Im using the current build of the mod but ever since I updated to the latest build of DFUnity the reflections are not working for me anymore
Same here. I tried this with 10.11 and never got it to work - how did anyone else achieve that? i remember getting it to work in the older builds.

greatblutiger

Post by greatblutiger »

Any compatibility issues with other mods? Which mods works best with this?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

greatblutiger wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:53 am Any compatibility issues with other mods? Which mods works best with this?
This mod is so demanding I dont use it :D

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

I'm using DU alpha 10.21 and Realtime Reflections 2.2.2 and the external water tile reflections work perfectly ... not getting any reflections on internal floors though (like in the Mages Guild). Anyone have any idea why that may be? FYI, I'm also using the DREAM texture replacer and Improved Interior Lighting mods, which my have some effect ... IDK.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Out of curiosity, what GFX card do you have? thanks

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Graphics, 4 GB Dedicated,

Arioch

Post by Arioch »

Since I started using retro rendering mode in 0.10.23 I've found I can use Realtime Reflections on the aging laptop I play Daggerfall on (GT630m + i7 3612QM), but while I'm seeing water outside working just fine, interior reflections don't seem to be working although my frame rate still takes a large hit in certain locations as if they were.
Realtime Reflections enabled:
Realtime Reflections disabled:
My exterior reflections work fine and I still keep above 50fps - is there any way of disabling just the interiors for this mod?

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

did you extract the contents of RealtimeReflections_textures.zip into 'DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Textures as mentioned in the readme file?
and make sure no other mod overwrites these afterwards since this could undo the effect.
btw, not all interior ground textures do have reflections, but the mages guild in daggerfall should have - so this is a good place to test