Daggerfall Unity 0.10.23

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Hazelnut

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.10.23

Post by Hazelnut »

Whoooo! At last it's out.... :D

Thanks for all your hard work doing the release Interkarma, I know it's been a very busy and strange couple of months.

Anyway now the custom item support is there, I've released my mods including the new armour and weapons. Coming soon will be custom items in Ralzars mods for camping and food.

I'll be writing a guide to adding custom items at some point, just may have to wait a couple of weeks as I am very busy with work right now.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Awesome work, all! Really nice to see that Advanced controls menu, and the sneak toggle!! Been waiting for this one. I see on the roadmap the walk/run toggle (i.e. "autorun") is also being worked. Small suggestion/request: could these two toggles also be included in the Advanced controls menu along with the other existing DFU special controls? (I see most of the "Controls" in the DFU startup Gameplay menu have already been included in the new Advanced controls menu, with the exception of the sneak toggle and the "Bows - draw and release" setting.) Thanks, jefetienne and all!

Also, I'm unfortunately still experiencing issues in 10.23 with the "Strengthens Armor" enchantment, and non-weapon items may still be enchanted with the "Vampiric Effect: When Strikes" enchantment - see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3631&p=43268#p43268 and viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3593&p=43267#p43267. Cheers!

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

mikeprichard wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:06 pm Awesome work, all! Really nice to see that Advanced controls menu, and the sneak toggle!! Been waiting for this one. I see on the roadmap the walk/run toggle (i.e. "autorun") is also being worked. Small suggestion/request: could these two toggles also be included in the Advanced controls menu along with the other existing DFU special controls? (I see most of the "Controls" in the DFU startup Gameplay menu have already been included in the new Advanced controls menu, with the exception of the sneak toggle and the "Bows - draw and release" setting.) Thanks, jefetienne and all!
That's a good idea - I should probably add the toggle sneak and bow setting to the Advanced controls. The autorun will 100% be in the Advanced Controls as well since it will be a new keybind.

Also, great job everybody! I'm glad we've managed to make an awesome release today!
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Agree about the sneak toggle, but not so sure about the bow setting since it's not really associated with any of the advanced keybinds is it? Not saying it shouldn't move, but I would like to see what it would look like first.

Oh, and fantastic work on the advanced keys stuff & adding controller use! Great to have you on board. :)

(VR controls next? ;) :twisted: )
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

Hazelnut wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 5:00 pm Agree about the sneak toggle, but not so sure about the bow setting since it's not really associated with any of the advanced keybinds is it? Not saying it shouldn't move, but I would like to see what it would look like first.

Oh, and fantastic work on the advanced keys stuff & adding controller use! Great to have you on board. :)

(VR controls next? ;) :twisted: )
Thank you so much! I'd say the bow setting is similar to Click to attack which is already on there, so I think it wouldn't hurt to have. I'll get started on the VR controls now.. once I actually buy a VR headset :lol:
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

Baler

Post by Baler »

Do not call UnloadUnusedAssets() more than once every 3 minutes to reduce sound skip on UI close
Thank You

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Beautiful update and article to read, this release is the real heavyweight and shows the team is strong and focused. Congratulations guys! Just awesome job and Im glad to be able to observe this process here and on Git. Thank you :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Seeing the steps leading to implementation of advanced controlls & controller support was mighty impressive, really great job jefetienne.

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

Thanks KoW!
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Thank you, jefetienne! In future updates, will these controls eventually all be removed from the DFU settings "Gameplay" menu to make room there, or will they still be available in both the DFU Gameplay and Advanced controls menu as most of them currently are? Just curious; I have no strong preference myself.