[MOD] Roleplay & Realism: Items (modular)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
ZerioctheTank

Re: [MOD] Roleplay & Realism: Items (modular)

Post by ZerioctheTank »

Lol left hand bow thing was my bad. I have to play with the sound otherwise I'll be surprised by something, and jump out of my chair. Then again whenever I do hear something I still jump out of my chair lol.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

ZerioctheTank wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 6:53 pm Lol left hand bow thing was my bad. I have to play with the sound otherwise I'll be surprised by something, and jump out of my chair. Then again whenever I do hear something I still jump out of my chair lol.
Good, glad it's working as I had no idea what may have been wrong with it. :) I do *play* with sounds, just don't develop and test with them on. (although I rarely actually play this game)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Aleryn

Post by Aleryn »

The sound effects for the Archer's Axe and Light Flail are working well with the new update, thank you Hazelnut.
Last edited by Aleryn on Sat May 09, 2020 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

I just tried to reproduce that strange graphical bug I found, but can't seem to get it to happen again, so i'll just write that off as a fluke for now, lol.

UnopenedCanofSpoopy

Post by UnopenedCanofSpoopy »

Is there any plans in the future for the added new item textures to be higher resolution?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

None, this is a mod for DFU and I've taken great effort to get them to look like classic graphics so that they just blend in and seem like they were in the game from the start.

However, I will talk to KoW about how Dream (I assume you're using it) could support these new items from my mods with higher resolution graphics. We did that for the horses neck. :D
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Magicono43 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:24 pm I just tried to reproduce that strange graphical bug I found, but can't seem to get it to happen again, so i'll just write that off as a fluke for now, lol.
Hey Hazelnut, I had a similar problem occur again, but can now confirm that it did not happen with your mod installed, so I think it's a bug with the current build.

Here is post if you are interested: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3745

mrmistophelees

Post by mrmistophelees »

Ryan7251 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:47 am
Ryan7251 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:32 am
Hi i think i have ran into a compatibility issue but i don't know what mods are doing it.
Ok so i think it has to do with spells or something because whenever i open my spell book the game stops registering my inputs other then i can move the mouse around anyway i have the following mods.
1.Archaeologists
2.Decorator
3.Dream
4.levelup adjuster
5.lootrealism
6.NPC health indicators
7.unleveled mobs
EDIT:So i tried the mod with no other mods on and i have the same issue my mouse just acts like nothing is there when i click i can't click out or on any spells however i did find out i can hit E and i can leave the spell book but nothing else works odd stuff.
I'm having the same problem. The spellbook is completely inactive, and the only thing I can do is use the abort spell key to get out. I cannot cast any spells. I have most of the same mods that this user has installed. The other thing is that even though I deactivated all mods, the problem persists in my save game.

After researching google, it was determined that unchecking the setting "starting spells based on skills" would prevent the problem from occurring. Which is why, I think, people are considering that the problem is with this mod, or incompatibility with something else...

I saw someone ask for the log, so here is a link to my output log using control c: https://controlc.com/a1c49c62

When starting a new game with all my mods installed, but "starting spells based on skills" unchecked, the spellbook acts as it should again, being interactive and I can cast spells. Not knowing anything about modding DFU, I don't know if it's ridiculous to ask if my save game can be fixed from this issue (because I didn't realize this was a real problem until many hours into my game...)

Any ideas?

UnopenedCanofSpoopy

Post by UnopenedCanofSpoopy »

I had this issue too in the past, but it was because I accidentally installed a newer version of a mod over an older one, without removing the older one first, so there were things like duplicates of quests.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

mrmistophelees wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 3:22 pm
Ryan7251 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:47 am
Ryan7251 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:32 am
Hi i think i have ran into a compatibility issue but i don't know what mods are doing it.
Ok so i think it has to do with spells or something because whenever i open my spell book the game stops registering my inputs other then i can move the mouse around anyway i have the following mods.
1.Archaeologists
2.Decorator
3.Dream
4.levelup adjuster
5.lootrealism
6.NPC health indicators
7.unleveled mobs
EDIT:So i tried the mod with no other mods on and i have the same issue my mouse just acts like nothing is there when i click i can't click out or on any spells however i did find out i can hit E and i can leave the spell book but nothing else works odd stuff.
I'm having the same problem. The spellbook is completely inactive, and the only thing I can do is use the abort spell key to get out. I cannot cast any spells. I have most of the same mods that this user has installed. The other thing is that even though I deactivated all mods, the problem persists in my save game.

After researching google, it was determined that unchecking the setting "starting spells based on skills" would prevent the problem from occurring. Which is why, I think, people are considering that the problem is with this mod, or incompatibility with something else...

I saw someone ask for the log, so here is a link to my output log using control c: https://controlc.com/a1c49c62

When starting a new game with all my mods installed, but "starting spells based on skills" unchecked, the spellbook acts as it should again, being interactive and I can cast spells. Not knowing anything about modding DFU, I don't know if it's ridiculous to ask if my save game can be fixed from this issue (because I didn't realize this was a real problem until many hours into my game...)

Any ideas?
Sorry, no idea what is happening here. I checked it myself when it was originally reported and couldn't find any issues with my mod. Please drop a savefile where this is happening and I will take another look.