Redrawn player faces

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Vomitaburger

Redrawn player faces

Post by Vomitaburger »

Hi!

So yesterday i started redrawing all the faces players can choose from in character creation, with the intent of making it a mod of course. Some of you might have seen the first faces yesterday of reddit, it was pretty well received and i've been suggested to post it here also.

Now i just finished the male Breton faces and i'm starting working on the Breton ladies.

If anyone is interested i'm also streaming my art progress on Twitch while i redraw these faces, my Twitch name is EtienneDarveau

After i'm done with the faces, we will see but i might jump onto something else like the PNG flats, player body/equipments or monsters sprites. I estimate it will take around 3 or 4 weeks for me to complete all the faces...

Hopefully you guys/girls will enjoy :)
Attachments
MaleBretons.png
MaleBretons.png (1.1 MiB) Viewed 3692 times

Nordman

Re: Redrawn player faces

Post by Nordman »

Hey!

I'm very impressed, well done :o

There is something special about seeing these portraits, that we've been looking at for 25 years, being redrawn :D

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Nice job but why the blue hairs are black now?

Vomitaburger

Post by Vomitaburger »

Here are a few breton female faces, some of them ill rework for sure but i still wanted to share.
Attachments
FemaleBreton.png
FemaleBreton.png (734.8 KiB) Viewed 3582 times

JorisVanEijden

Post by JorisVanEijden »

Absolutely wonderful work!

miyalys

Post by miyalys »

Great job - thanks!

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Whoah, these are probably the best takes on the player faces out of what has been shown so far (AFAIK), you stick very close to the source material yet give your own flavour/interpretation to each face, and in a consistent style. Awesome. It shows when a skilled artist is at work ^_^

Would be interesting to see how you'd tackle NPC flats, especially the low-resolutions ones (neural upscales don't do a very good job with those).

Vomitaburger

Post by Vomitaburger »

Hey so i finished my first pass on the Breton females, next i think im gonna start a non-human race perhaps the Khajiit.
Attachments
FemaleBreton.png
FemaleBreton.png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 3468 times

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

I'm quite impressed! And I definitely agree with MrFlibble, these are probably the best PC faces around there, close to classic ones while still having their own unique style. Keep up the excellent work!

Vomitaburger

Post by Vomitaburger »

So here is a test for the Khajiit race. What you guys think? I tried to give them a bit more feline attributes because we know from later ES games they look much more cat-like. But since we cant really identify the feline traits on the original art i wasn't sure if the community would prefer them more human, or even more feline, or whatever.

I'm also not quite sure about what should be the red thing on his face, like if its a marking somewhat like i did or if it's like a real physical mask?

So basically all criticism is welcome and i'll try to adjust the shot based on the opinions i receive, so dont be shy! Of course if i get opposite views like some people telling me to make them even more feline while some tell me to make them fully human, i wont be able to please everybody.

Thanks all!
Attachments
Khajiit_test.png
Khajiit_test.png (94.23 KiB) Viewed 3377 times