[MOD] Realistic Wagon

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Realistic Wagon

Post by Ralzar »

Arioch wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:50 am I've just experienced a bit of weirdness with the mod - I'd saved my game in the throne room of Sentinel and when I exited the castle, my horse & cart had discovered the ability to hover:
Well, I managed to reproduce it easily enough.
flying horse.PNG
flying horse.PNG (146.87 KiB) Viewed 2141 times
I'll see if I can find some way to work around it. From what I can tell, it only happens if you save inside the Castle. Then quit the game or load a different save, then load this save again and exit. Because then the game loads the worlds upon exiting, and it seems some kind of hieghtmap adjustment is done to account for the stairs of Sentinel Castle.

Edit: ok, it's a general problem with dungeons that has the exit placed above ground level. I've seen this before affecting other mods etc. I'll see if there's something I can do.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Fixed it. I just had to make sure the mod did a second check for placing the horse and wagon after the game was finished loading when exiting a dungeon. I might release a mod update later today with this fix.

Arioch

Post by Arioch »

Ralzar wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:34 am Fixed it. I just had to make sure the mod did a second check for placing the horse and wagon after the game was finished loading when exiting a dungeon. I might release a mod update later today with this fix.
Wow, that was quick!

Thanks again for making this mod, it’s pretty much the horse mod I’ve been hoping for since I started playing last year :)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Arioch wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:04 am
Ralzar wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:34 am Fixed it. I just had to make sure the mod did a second check for placing the horse and wagon after the game was finished loading when exiting a dungeon. I might release a mod update later today with this fix.
Wow, that was quick!

Thanks again for making this mod, it’s pretty much the horse mod I’ve been hoping for since I started playing last year :)
Thanks!

Mod updated.
Horse and wagon should now stop flying.

enderandrew

Post by enderandrew »

I thought a flying horse was a feature!

Arioch

Post by Arioch »

I've just had an interesting one:

In Sentinel, I unhitched my wagon at The Mole & Djinn Tavern and rode down to Linisa - there I saved my game inside a shop and stayed the night in a tavern. The next day I rode back to where I left my cart - and it had disappeared. If I buy a new cart the game asks me if I wish to abandon the old one, so it thinks the cart is still in existence somewhere.

Are you sure the theft code isn't already implemented? :D

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Haha yes. If you post a save game I might be able to save your wagon contents.

What I suspect might happen is that the wagon is spawned under ground. The biggest challenge both this mod and the tent in C&C faces is that the height of the land in Daggerfall seems to constantly change when loading an area.

Arioch

Post by Arioch »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:56 am Haha yes. If you post a save game I might be able to save your wagon contents.

What I suspect might happen is that the wagon is spawned under ground. The biggest challenge both this mod and the tent in C&C faces is that the height of the land in Daggerfall seems to constantly change when loading an area.
Many thanks - I'm impressed that not only has my cart been able to fly, it has also discovered the ability to burrow beneath the earth :D
Attachments
SAVE5.zip
(255.97 KiB) Downloaded 121 times

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

BINGO!
UndergroundWagon.PNG
UndergroundWagon.PNG (125.26 KiB) Viewed 2035 times
:D

Gonna see if I can't figure out some code to to compensate for that. I think up until now I've only ever had the problem of wagons being placed in the air, so I've only written code for bringing them down.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Ok, v0.3.3 out
Bugfix for saved wagons placed under ground

(turns out horses already had code for this but I hadn't applied it to wagons as well)

However, you need to do one more thing: in your savegame, find the file "mod_realistic wagon.txt" and remove the space in the name. So you rename it to "mod_realisticwagon.txt" or the new version of the mod will not detect your savegame data and assume you have no wagon.