Villager Immersion Overhaul

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jay_H

Re: Villager Immersion Overhaul

Post by Jay_H »

VIO3 and VIO5 can be installed together. But each version of VIO5 should be replaced with the new VIO5 ;)

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Guards at night will make a huge difference for thief characters like me!

jimfcarroll

Post by jimfcarroll »

Just to let you know, I tried running the latest version of this mod (5.0.3) with 0.10.25 and it's basically unplayable on my machine due to the stuttering mentioned previously. I had an old version (V4) and installed that along side the sprites. It seems to be working.

Luzur

Post by Luzur »

jimfcarroll wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:08 am Just to let you know, I tried running the latest version of this mod (5.0.3) with 0.10.25 and it's basically unplayable on my machine due to the stuttering mentioned previously. I had an old version (V4) and installed that along side the sprites. It seems to be working.
I have the stuttering aswell, but only in bigger cities
"Load the muskets"

Laicus

Post by Laicus »

I check the box "Stop Travel" in the mod settings, although I don't even use Tedious Travel, and this significantly reduces stuttering.

DwarvernFall

Post by DwarvernFall »

Installed the newest version in unity and it does not appear on the Mod list is this on purpose or is something going on I don't know how I mess up if I did

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

DwarvernFall wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:32 pm Installed the newest version in unity and it does not appear on the Mod list is this on purpose or is something going on I don't know how I mess up if I did
You need 10.25 or higher

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Laicus wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:51 pm I check the box "Stop Travel" in the mod settings, although I don't even use Tedious Travel, and this significantly reduces stuttering.
That is interesting as this options only changes TT and nothing else. Might be a one case scenario. I'm gonna work on recording some thing again to make it run better. I think it could be guards detecting enemies that could be doing it. I'll also be putting a setting on max population so if thats the issue, players can lower the population count.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

May also want to check what logic is running each frame in Update() methods, a lot of checks are only really needed once or twice a second and any expensive logic can be put after a time elapsed check so it doesn't run all the time. Just a thought, something I've run into before.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Guy_Duderson

Post by Guy_Duderson »

Kamer wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:28 pm
Laicus wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:51 pm I check the box "Stop Travel" in the mod settings, although I don't even use Tedious Travel, and this significantly reduces stuttering.
That is interesting as this options only changes TT and nothing else. Might be a one case scenario. I'm gonna work on recording some thing again to make it run better. I think it could be guards detecting enemies that could be doing it. I'll also be putting a setting on max population so if thats the issue, players can lower the population count.
Just taking a shot in the dark here, but I'm thinking it could be caused by the time dialation effect of tedious travel. With the behavior of the immersed villagers being time compressed causing a workload spike.