[Mod] Repair Tools

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Magicono43

[Mod] Repair Tools

Post by Magicono43 »

Repair Tools

Adds Various Repair Tools To Fix Item Condition In The Field.

Download

WHAT DOES THIS MOD CHANGE AND WHY?:
  • Multiple new items have been added to the shop pool of general store shelves. The primary purpose of these items is for use as a means to repair all types of equipment and items on the go, without having to visit a blacksmith.
  • Each repair tool has a different category of items it is able to repair here is a list:
    1. Armorers Hammer: Plate Armor and Plate Shields from Iron to Adamantium, No Ebony, Orcish, or Daedric.
    2. Jewelers Pliers: Chain Armor and Chain Shields, THIS INCLUDES RPR:I's ADDED MAIL ARMORS (Iron to Adamantium, No Ebony, Orcish, or Daedric.)
    3. Sewing Kit: Clothing Items and Leather Armor and Leather Shields.
    4. Whetstone: Bladed Weapons, this includes: Axes, Swords, and Short-blades.
    5. Epoxy Glue: Blunt Weapons and Bows.
    6. Charging Powder: Enchanted Items of all types, NOT including Artifacts and items made from Ebony, Orcish, or Daedric.
  • These repair tools have different levels of rarity, so not every shop will stock the rare charging powder, and this rule applies for all the repair tools.
  • Some tools are more effective when used on certain items/materials than others. The key example being Charging Powder, which is more potent on items that are more innately attractive to holding magical charge. This includes Silver, Dwarven, and Adamantium Items. Staves in general have great magical holding capabilities, Adamantium being the most potent, and various other items such as Wands, Daggers, Mages Robes, etc.
  • The amount that is repaired per use of a tool is dependent on the type of tool used, as well as increased or decreased slightly by the users Luck stat.
  • Use of a repair tool takes effort and therefore drains the player's stamina after being used, some tools are more strenuous to use than others, this can either be made more apparent depending on the endurance stat of the player. Also the task takes time, which can be reduced or increased based on the speed and agility stats of the player, some repair tasks take longer than others.
  • Repair tools CANNOT be used while enemies are nearby (just like when you can't rest) and can't be used if you are too exhausted.
  • Tools have a limited durability and will eventually break from use.
  • Repair tools can only repair items up to a maximum of 80% of the maximum condition value. This is to keep Black-smiths in business, you are just a DIY amateur after all, you need a professional to make something truly "Like New" again.
  • You CANNOT repair an item that is completely broken (below 1% durability or completely unusable) with these tools, they are meant to be preventative measures. If you have a completely broken item, you need to have a professional bring it back to working condition, such as a black-smith, or a general store owner.

SPOILERS/MORE DETAILS:
  • If you want EXACT numbers and information on how some mechanics and formula work in this mod, under the hood. You can look at the source code yourself from the github linked lower down. You can also email/post a thread on the parent forum post linked below and I would be happy to answer any questions.
  • This mod was designed with other mods in mind, this includes "Roleplay Realism: Items" and my own mods that make equipment durability much more of a factor than in the vanilla game, this mods include. Physical Combat And Armor Overhaul: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/76 and if not using PCO my mod before that being, Believable Equipment Characteristics And Durability: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/75

OPTIONS:
  • Restricted Materials: Toggle For Repair Material and Artifact Restrictions.
  • Time Cost Toggle: Toggle If There Is A Time 'Cost' When Repairing Something.
  • Filter Broken Items List: Toggle If The List For Repairing Items Filters Out Completely Broken Items, I.E. 0% Condition.
  • Clip Volume: Control The Volume That Repair Tool Sounds Will Play At.

Feel free to leave any suggestions and such, i'm very open to anything, and hopefully you find this addition enjoyable or enhances your Daggerfall Unity experience in some way.

Github Source Code: Github

Acknowledgements: Big thanks to Hazelnut for helping me optimize and clean up this code near the very end of development, as well as giving a good example template for adding items into the game through his other mod's code.

Possible Future Feature Ideas & Concepts To Be Added:
- 8/1/2020, 3:20 PM: Have it so that the repair items can only be sold at certain places, instead of all being currently forced into General Stores. This will hopefully be possible in later updates of DFU when this sort of item spawning discrimination is more possible. Added feature in v1.15, 4/25/2023

- 8/1/2020, 3:25 PM: Likely add more items in the future for various other purposes and uses, not just repair.

-Edit 1: Released v1.05, Added Toggle-able Setting For Artifact And Item Material Repair Restrictions.
-Edit 2: Released v1.08, Made it so using a repair tool on-top of costing some fatigue to do the task, also forwards time as well. The time taken is determined by the tool being used and on the Speed and Agility attributes of the player, different attribute effect based on the task done.
-Edit 3: Released v1.10, courtesy of Kab the Bird Ranger. Fixes a bug where tools would not disappear when broken if the "AllowMagicItemRepair" DFU setting was "True". Thanks again, Kab.
-4/25/2023: Released v1.15, A bunch of changes, mostly general code clean-up, added settings, more modded item support, etc.
Last edited by Magicono43 on Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:35 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Magicono43

Re: [Mod] Repair Tools

Post by Magicono43 »

-Better- Main-Thumbnail Double Upscale Size 2.png
-Better- Main-Thumbnail Double Upscale Size 2.png (276.56 KiB) Viewed 7321 times
-BETTER- Not-Scaled Item Info Graphic.png
-BETTER- Not-Scaled Item Info Graphic.png (83.89 KiB) Viewed 7321 times
Item Picture Pentagram.png
Item Picture Pentagram.png (21.67 KiB) Viewed 7321 times

Rebelrouzer

Post by Rebelrouzer »

What a great mod that will fit perfectly into my load order.We’re starting to get a lot more survival elements in the game now and it’s nice.
Thanks for the mod.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Rebelrouzer wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:54 pm What a great mod that will fit perfectly into my load order.We’re starting to get a lot more survival elements in the game now and it’s nice.
Thanks for the mod.
No problem, had fun making it and learned a lot. This goes especially well with the PCO mod since it heavily emphasizes increased condition damage to all equipment essentially. Hope you enjoy it!

lychgator

Post by lychgator »

This is great! Will humanoid enemies ever drop any of these items?

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

lychgator wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:09 pm This is great! Will humanoid enemies ever drop any of these items?
No, the way the loot system and custom items currently work I don't think items can be added to the enemy loot tables, yet. I could be wrong, but I think you would have to make items under specific designations to possibly make them drop, but yeah, these will only show up in Pawn-shops and General store shelves, for now at least.

lychgator

Post by lychgator »

Good to know. Thanks for the mod!

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Due to request, just released a DFU v0.10.24 version of the "Repair Tools" mod, it's under "Old versions" in the files tab.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Released v1.05, Added Toggle-able Setting For Artifact And Item Material Repair Restrictions.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Released Updated Version Compatible With DFU v0.10.26, on 9/23/2020.

WARNING: WILL NOT WORK in older DFU versions, at or before 0.10.24.