Update to my "Daggerfall Unity fully modded overview" video

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
PanYT

Update to my "Daggerfall Unity fully modded overview" video

Post by PanYT »

Fellow Tamrielates,

About a year ago I made a video on Youtube called "Daggerfall Unity fully modded overview" which became my most watched video and maybe the most popular DFU video there with ~350K views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED72fXlg3OY

NEW: https://youtu.be/VsOSmHShnKA

One year later it is time for an update. So far I have downloaded DFU Alpha 0.10.24 (stable) and the mods that I had used in the og video.

Is there anything specific about 0.10.25 that I am missing? I know that VIO V5 requires 0.10.25.

Is the reshade mod adding new features or just tweaking contrast, etc?

Any tips for what should be shown in the new video?

Still using the old PC (FX6300 and GTX 1060 3GB) so no miracle of performance.

Can anyone send me a save file with a good sorcerer so I can demonstrate some spells?

Best regards
Last edited by PanYT on Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pango

Re: Update to my "Daggerfall Unity fully modded overview" video

Post by pango »

Hi PanYT,

Starting with 0.10.25, Daggerfall Unity upgrades from Unity 2018.2 to 2019.4; However switching engine version brought some regressions that are still being discovered/addressed, that's why 0.10.24 is recommended at the moment for people that just want to play and not participate to development.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

PanYT wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:02 amAny tips for what should be shown in the new video?
Well, there has been quite a lot of development in the mod scene since your last video. You can take a look at my reccommended modlist for a whole heap of mods that are worth using and still working.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3870

Climates&Calories lets you buy food and set up camp.
Realistic Wagon lets you leave your horse and wagon behind, as well as name your horse.
Roleplay&Realism:items adds new weapons and armor.

Also, I would reccommend holding off on the video a little bit for Hazelnut to launch the new travel mod that takes over for Tedious Travel, as well as introducing roads in the game.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4009

PanYT

Post by PanYT »

Looking good so far, the most obvious graphical changes from the last video are updated weapon sprites, upgraded taverns and a 3D horse carriage. I will check out the older VIO 4 as well. The post processing mod looks interesting as well.

I was hoping for more 3D trees and maybe some (static) 3D characters but we wait patiently for the 2021 edition :D

Let's see if we can hold it for the not-so-tedious-travel mod 8-)

If anyone has a character save with nice magic weapons and spells, please send me a message.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

If you're willing to delay the release of your video, I'm currently working on a mod that fixes various glitches in some of Daggerfall's models and block files that might be a good inclusion. The main thing currently delaying the release of this mod, besides one last round of testing, some tweaks and documentation, is one feature request and one bug report for DFU.

PanYT

Post by PanYT »

Sounds good, I can play the DOSBox version in the meantime :D

PanYT

Post by PanYT »

New version is finished. Took a while to get the latest 0.26 running with that many mods.

https://youtu.be/VsOSmHShnKA

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Good video, must have taken a lot of effort. I'm not sure it's fully modded though, more like fully graphically modded... not much in the way of mechanics or gameplay mods on display. And what was up with the clock? Pretty sure it's not supposed to look like that. :D
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

pango

Post by pango »

Hazelnut wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:04 pm And what was up with the clock? Pretty sure it's not supposed to look like that. :D
Yes, DREAM uses a smaller compass, but recent version of Convenient Clock lets you adjust the clock scale, so in this case the best one can do is to lower the scale to 0.5
dream and clock.jpg
dream and clock.jpg (7.21 KiB) Viewed 1354 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

PanYT

Post by PanYT »

Yes it is mostly graphical mods because it is quite difficult to show game play adjustments in a short video. You have to study ancient pen&paper mechanics to understand what is happening with these mods :D