[MOD] Lousy Lycans

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

[MOD] Lousy Lycans

Post by Ralzar »

Lousy Lycans
A mod that fleshes out the lycanthropy effects. Making them more roleplay flavoured and less overpowered.

Download

Main.jpg
Main.jpg (120.26 KiB) Viewed 3707 times
This is still a mod under development but is working without any major bugs (that I am aware of).

Werewolf

Human form
+10 Agility
+10 Speed

Beast form
+40 Agility
+40 Speed
+10 Strength
+10 Endurance

Wereboar

Human form
+10 Strength
+10 Endurance

Beast form
+40 Strength
+40 Endurance
+10 Agility
+10 Speed

General Beastform

Entering beast form makes you drop all equipment. (Except quest items and spell book)
+30 to Swimming, Running, Climbing, Jumping, Stealth, Hand To Hand and Critical Strike (like Vanilla)
+30 to Dodging
Reduce all language skills, pickpocket and lockpicking to 0% while in beast form.
Reduce Magica to 0.
Grants fatigue regeneration.
Grants nightvision by giving them an attached light.
Pacifies werecreatures.

General Human form

Skill buffs is only +5.
The days before a full moon, the player is warned that one of the moons is waxing.
During full moon, player loses a day and wakes up in a random spot nearby.
During full moon, player drops all equipment, horse and wagon at, or near, origin point.
If in a dungeon during full moon, wake up at the exit, random number or enemies killed in the dungeon.
Losing control during full moon makes the Need To Hunt The Innocent reset.
Ring Of Hircine lets players keep control during full moon, but only if they stay human.

Plans
  • Remove "Need to hunt the innocent" mechanic.
  • Add some other mechanic that builds up over time if the player does not use the beastform.
  • Add the ability to resist the moon based on player WILL and how well he has managed the mechanic above.
  • Add the option to start your new characters infected with lycanthropy.
Last edited by Ralzar on Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Rebelrouzer

Re: [MOD] Lousy Lycans (under construction)

Post by Rebelrouzer »

Sounds like another great mod from you.I use pretty much everything you put out.

Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Lousy Lycans (under construction)

Post by Ralzar »

This is still under development but on a bit of a hiatus as I had to do some bug chasing for C&C. Also, I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly how to do the "drop all equipment" stuff so it works correctly with Realistic Wagon. I might actually do an update to Realistic Wagon instead to change its behaviour to circumvent the whole problem.

Ralzar

Re: WIP: Lousy Lycans

Post by Ralzar »

Updated the OP with current status. This is getting close to launch However I will be holding off until probably DFU v0.10.26 with releasing this as I will also need to update Realistic Wagon to make these two interact correctly.

Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Lousy Lycans

Post by Ralzar »

Mod released. No new feature added yet. I'll leave it up for a while first to get some feedback.

I still think I should do something about the Feeding On The Innocent mechanic. Perhaps just removing it.

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:20 am I still think I should do something about the Feeding On The Innocent mechanic. Perhaps just removing it.
IMO, I feel like the hunger and bloodlust is part of the curse. Maybe instead of removing it, change it’s function. Like perhaps making it steadily make you more likely to transform regardless of moon state the more you don’t feast, like the hunger is forcing the beast out to satiate it.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

ACNAero wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:12 pm
Ralzar wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:20 am I still think I should do something about the Feeding On The Innocent mechanic. Perhaps just removing it.
IMO, I feel like the hunger and bloodlust is part of the curse. Maybe instead of removing it, change it’s function. Like perhaps making it steadily make you more likely to transform regardless of moon state the more you don’t feast, like the hunger is forcing the beast out to satiate it.
Agreed. I was actually just sitting here writing code to remove it and then just deleted that code again. The curse needs that effect. Just a bit more intuitive and flavoursome.

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

I wanted to download the mod but it's set to hidden on Nexus. :cry:

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

emmathepony wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:28 pm I wanted to download the mod but it's set to hidden on Nexus. :cry:
Just finished the fixed version of it. Try again now ;)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Updated to v0.5.6

Added a full heal to when you change into beast form
Added a health regeneration based on Endurance while in beastform.

The goal is to make beastform an emergency button. You'd prefer to not use it, but if you get badly injured and think you might die, beastmode is a way to give yourself a second chance.