Lethaer jacket man sales pitch incomming

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
King of Worms

Lethaer jacket man sales pitch incomming

Post by King of Worms »

Lets have a laught.

GTX 970 MSRP at launch - 330 USD
GTX 980 MSRP at launch - 550 USD

You could overclock 970 to 980 level. So for me, it was GTX 980 for 330 USD and I use it till today.

Now, lets give the jacket man his privacy for a last silent fart before he fits into his carefully selected leather jacket and pulls out the commedial performance of the year.

Grab your popcorn... 30 minutes to go:
https://www.twitch.tv/nvidia

King of Worms

Re: Lethaer jacket man sales pitch incomming

Post by King of Worms »

So the joke was on the 2080ti owners, ouch :D
But that was a bit apparent due to all the leaks, many chanels warned the 2080ti owners about their expensive HW becoming obsolete over the night, and it just happened. 1200 USD HW run over by 500 USD HW.

Lets see the real benchmarks tho.

And talking about obsolete. You buy 10gbVRAM 3080 today, and in few month max the 16gb 3070ti will drop.. thats a rough one. The risks of early adopters. :lol:

Ill wait for ATI turn for sure, they have some big guns, thats why nVidia introduced this extremely competitive HW Id say (or they did it because of the new inbound consoles, that very possible...)

MrFlibble

Re: Lethaer jacket man sales pitch incomming

Post by MrFlibble »

One thing I'm not good at, is catching up with the latest trends on gaming hardware.

It probably helps that I can't think of a single game that I'd want to play that requires a cutting-edge graphics card or CPU. Just sayin'.