[0.10.25] Can't ask about Resolution of Zen locations in Daggerfall region

Moderators will move topics here from Help & Support once an issue has been confirmed and enough information provided to reproduce.
pango

[0.10.25] Can't ask about Resolution of Zen locations in Daggerfall region

Post by pango »

I'm in some place in Daggerfall, and I can't ask around where to find Resolution of Zen temples.
(but there's obviously at least one, in Gothway Garden)
where is zen.jpg
where is zen.jpg (118.15 KiB) Viewed 2857 times
Version: current master (1a671e4), no mods
Attachments
SAVE729.zip
(170.18 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Re: [0.10.25] Can't ask about Resolution of Zen locations in Daggerfall region

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks Pango, seems like a clear bug. Will move this one now and follow up later.

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

The bug comes from classic data, where a building in Ripmarket has been incorrectly assigned the Resolution of Z'en faction ID. I will try to fix it using a runtime patch.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

Ferital wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:20 pm The bug comes from classic data, where a building in Ripmarket has been incorrectly assigned the Resolution of Z'en faction ID.
Is this correct? The NPCs don't have "Resolution of Z'en" in their list of local temples. To double-check, I then dumped every block that Ripmarket uses and searched all of them for '"FactionId": 84,'. There were no matches.
Attachments
File list.png
File list.png (27.29 KiB) Viewed 2733 times

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

The faulty data is in MAPS.BSA. One of the building is tagged with faction ID 22 (Zen). It's pretty easy to fix though, I will do that once I get some time.
Last edited by Ferital on Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

Thanks, I see it now. It's the second building in the WALLAA08 block.

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

Yes, exactly. The problem is that there is a lot of errors like that in the original data...

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

I've tested Ferital's suggested fix and I'm still seeing a problem. I've attached a block file override with the FactionID on line 184 changed from 22 to 0. I installed this file in the WorldData mod folder and tested if this fixed the problem. Unfortunately, I still couldn't ask anyone in Ripmarket for any Temple of Zen in the region. I tested this with both Pango's save as well as my own test character from a save made right after exiting Privateer's Hold.

To make sure that the game was loading my override file, I even painted a green and orange dot on the automap on the wall next to the gatehouse. The override I attached has this painting present so that you can check yourself.
Attachments
WALLAA08.RMB.zip
(2.82 KiB) Downloaded 137 times

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

The reason for that is the block level data for buildings like shops, guilds and taverns is replaced from the location data so the blocks don't all have buildings with identical names etc. That's probably the faction id that needs to be changed. This only happens when the building is matched, and IIRC I made it so newly added buildings can do either. For example the archs guild buildings don't match any building data from locations but always use the fixed block data from my mod.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

Hazelnut wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:15 pm The reason for that is the block level data for buildings like shops, guilds and taverns is replaced from the location data so the blocks don't all have buildings with identical names etc. That's probably the faction id that needs to be changed.
Thanks. I was under the impression that factions were defined by the map blocks but now I see that the MapPItem files in MAPS.BSA also have a BuildingData section.

After dumping a location override for Ripmarket, there is indeed an entry that incorrectly assigned a building to the Zen faction. Corrected this mistake and the game now let me ask for the location of regional Temples of Z'en.