[Mod] Taverns Redone

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Eccer

Re: [Mod] Taverns Redone

Post by Eccer »

I guess this is already discussed. Hope that somebody will redo all interiors of shops and guilds in towns. Just make more variety in the town's buildings :)

Hellmasker

Post by Hellmasker »

I found a gap in a Tavern Wall - I don't really remember which one it was, but I "think" it's one close to the northern gate of Daggerfall City. Just thought I point it out :)

As a sidenote, this isn't the case when I have DREAM active.
Attachments
20200913225000_1.jpg
20200913225000_1.jpg (340.15 KiB) Viewed 2174 times
Asgar Hellmasker, Silencer of the Dark Brotherhood

pango

Post by pango »

Closest match I've found is The Beaver and Castle, but that's not a perfect match (and I can't find the bug)
2020_09_17_09_40_03.jpg
2020_09_17_09_40_03.jpg (236.09 KiB) Viewed 2156 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Hellmasker wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:03 am I found a gap in a Tavern Wall - I don't really remember which one it was, but I "think" it's one close to the northern gate of Daggerfall City. Just thought I point it out :)

As a sidenote, this isn't the case when I have DREAM active.
Good find! I'm currently working on an update so I will see if I can find and fix this.

Hellmasker

Post by Hellmasker »

Phew! Found it. It was "The Dirty Goat" in Daggerfall :)

While looking around for the Tavern, I travelled a bit and found two other small nitpicks... this time I made saves in front of it, for your convenience :)

Save 5 has a small gap on that Stairwell half-wall thingy
Save 6 a smaller gap/black seam
and Save 7 is the Dirty Goat
Attachments
SAVE7.zip
(338.31 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
SAVE6.zip
(202.09 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
SAVE5.zip
(235.02 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Hellmasker wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:44 pm Phew! Found it. It was "The Dirty Goat" in Daggerfall :)

While looking around for the Tavern, I travelled a bit and found two other small nitpicks... this time I made saves in front of it, for your convenience :)

Save 5 has a small gap on that Stairwell half-wall thingy
Save 6 a smaller gap/black seam
and Save 7 is the Dirty Goat
Thanks!

I found the the gap in the wall that you first discovered and it has been fixed!

For the other 3, something that would help me even more than saves would be knowing the name of the buildings. If you open up the console while inside one of the taverns and type "dumpbuilding", you will get a message similar to "Building data written to C: ...AppData/LocalLow/DaggerfallWorksop/DaggerfallUnity/ALCHAL03.RMB-789-building14.json "
In this case the building name would be ALCHAL03.RMB-789-building14, knowing that makes it a lot easier for me. :)

Hellmasker

Post by Hellmasker »

Alrighty, got the needed informations :)

ARMRAL.02.RMB-771-building10 for the stairwell half-wall seam

TVRNAL03.RMB-564-building14 for the other seam :)
Attachments
20200918051107_1.jpg
20200918051107_1.jpg (210.29 KiB) Viewed 2033 times
20200918050944_1.jpg
20200918050944_1.jpg (249.65 KiB) Viewed 2033 times

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Does this mod in any way take building quality into account? Taverns don't have a descriptive text when entering like shops do, but it would still be nice if there was some indicator of the difference between a fancy high-class establishments and a dirty den of criminals and scum :D

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Thanks again for all your help help Ralzor, it really helps. :)

I haven't really taken the quality into account when re-making the taverns. Maybe I should? :?: There is a Quality variable for the taverns, but not sure if actually does anything. If someone knows, please inform me. :D

Now when I think about it, I designed almost all of them to be quite fancy, maybe daggerfall needs more "dirty den of criminals and scum" :D

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

See, the reason I started thinking about this is that my modding of tavern menus (and now shop stock) relies a lot on building quality. Shabby taverns have a small selection of plain food and basic drink. High quality has a much larger selection of drinks and more fancy food for much higher prices.
I was considering also modding the room price, because it's already way too cheap and gets really weird when compared to the new drink/food prices.

But I'm not sure how Quality works with buildings. If certain building models always have a specific quality? Or if all building models come in all qualities?

If it's the former, the solution would be to design tavern models to match their quality.

If it's the latter, maybe it would be possible to replace assets on entering a tavern? So, for example, replacing a bunch of the sprites in the building model with other "shabbier" sprites if the tavern is low quality?