Another easy quest

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
N_Molson

Another easy quest

Post by N_Molson »

Just wanted to share a great DFU moment,

Joined the Temple of Stendarr with a custom "Crusader" character (an "enhanced" knight skilled in Restoration, INT in spell points and forbidden daedric/orcish). Great RP with Tedious Travels & Climates & Calories mods, settled in Urvaius (they worship Stendarr over there).

So at the Temple they asked me if I was OK to "assist" with an exorcism. Sure, that's the very heart of my Crusader job, where do I sign up ? Was fun until that kind little girl in rose dress turned into a savage Daedroth...

Problem is, I'm level 4, so the only weapon I have that can hit the thing is the "ebony dagger" you can get from character's background. I have "short blade" in the minor skills (the only combat skill I don't have is hand-to-hand), but I'm not really proficient at it (like 15%). Of course, the beast can kill me in one axe swing (two attacks). I have an elven cuirass and steel for the other armor parts, but it doesn't seem to help a lot (I know armor in DFU makes you harder to hit, but does not reduce damage). I can't score a single hit on the Daedroth, despite my dagger is made of ebony I'm simply not skilled enough to hit him ! The fight takes place on the attic of a house, so there is really very limited space to dodge, slash'n'run tactics can't help there.

So I guess I'll take another quest that will hopefull lead me to an "easy" dongeon, where I'll be able to learn short blade and maybe gain a level !

This is where it gets great : you take a quest to be able to finish another quest (and who knows maybe stumble on a powerful magic weapon or something alike) ! And that's why we all love Daggerfall ! 8-)

N_Molson

Re: Another easy quest

Post by N_Molson »

So I did it ! The Mages guilds gave me the "azimuthal vectors" quests, involving no less than 2 dungeons, had plenty of opportunities to practice short sword and made it to level 5 !

So I returned with a short blades skill of 30% and was able to hit the daedroth with the ebony dagger. Not often though (like 1 hit for 15 swings), so it wasn't easy and involved dirty quicksave/reload tactics, but well, it wasn't exactly a fair fight either !

Went back to the temple and was paid... with an "icon" (worth 50 gold) :lol: Well I guess it sticks with Stendarr the humble God of Mercy :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for sharing! :)

It's so nice to read of people's adventures in the game.

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

I love the random elements like that can make for fun and memorable moments without scripting it and is why I keep coming back to the game.