Quest bug

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Dijon

Quest bug

Post by Dijon »

Hello all. Hope someone can help me with a problem. In city of daggerfall I went in a house and the resident , a guy of the Glenmoril witches, gave me a quest to receive some book of Azure from a merchant in another city . I did that but when I return to daggerfall the guards keep arresting me . Even if I drop the book the guards still keep coming after me, and even after I have surrendered and went to jail and the quest timeframe has ended. It seems like a game breaking bug/glitch. Hoping if anyone has answers.

Seferoth

Re: Quest bug

Post by Seferoth »

What is the reason why guards are arresting you? What are your charges? Guards can arrest you simply for having a low reputation in the area.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums :)

The quest you refer to is https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:A_Rare_Tome. It's working as intended, as far as I can tell: once you take the tome your regional reputation will go 30 points down, which will make you permanently banished from the current region. Daggerfall is nasty indeed but this doesn't appear to be a bug.

If this is going to ruin the game for you, you can go into the console with ` and type clear_negativelegalrep to rescue your character's reputation.

Dijon

Post by Dijon »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:49 am Welcome to the forums :)

The quest you refer to is https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:A_Rare_Tome. It's working as intended, as far as I can tell: once you take the tome your regional reputation will go 30 points down, which will make you permanently banished from the current region. Daggerfall is nasty indeed but this doesn't appear to be a bug.

If this is going to ruin the game for you, you can go into the console with ` and type clear_negativelegalrep to rescue your character's reputation.
Oh. Thank you for the reply. I did not know about reputation in this game. Yes that is the quest you mentioned. It just ruins the fun that the guards will come after me even if no crime is committed. Thank you for the console command. If I dont use that, then how do I get my reputation up? by doing good quests?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Dijon wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:03 pm

Oh. Thank you for the reply. I did not know about reputation in this game. Yes that is the quest you mentioned. It just ruins the fun that the guards will come after me even if no crime is committed. Thank you for the console command. If I dont use that, then how do I get my reputation up? by doing good quests?

Honestly, the best choice is to just leave the region. Your reputation will slowly reset over time but you might be served with just never returning to that region unless you need to return for a main quest thing.

Dijon

Post by Dijon »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:05 pm
Dijon wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:03 pm

Honestly, the best choice is to just leave the region. Your reputation will slowly reset over time but you might be served with just never returning to that region unless you need to return for a main quest thing.
I will try that. Thanks for taking time out to reply :)