[0.10.26a] Buildings improperly marked as Dark Brotherhood after fast travel [RESOLVED 0.10.27]

Hellmasker

[0.10.26a] Buildings improperly marked as Dark Brotherhood after fast travel [RESOLVED 0.10.27]

Post by Hellmasker »

Here I was, doing some questing and when looking at the map, I found a second Dark Brotherhood marker on the map - which obviously isn't a real one...

Edit: looking at it, even a third one down to the left... I missed that one... what's going on there?
Attachments
SAVE2.zip
(372.22 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
20200925232231_1.jpg
20200925232231_1.jpg (455.86 KiB) Viewed 2013 times
Asgar Hellmasker, Silencer of the Dark Brotherhood

Hazelnut

Re: [0.10.26a] Buildings improperly marked as Dark Brotherhood after fast travel

Post by Hazelnut »

Not sure how it happened, but they don't get re-marked after deleting the entries from discovery data. I attached the save with the error entries removed.

Did you only play this save with .26 or did you start with an earlier version of DFU?
Attachments
SAVE2.zip
(379.64 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hellmasker

Re: [0.10.26a] Buildings improperly marked as Dark Brotherhood after fast travel

Post by Hellmasker »

Nono, this is my allround-testing save, I think I have it with me for quite some versions already. :)

But I'm also sure it wasn't marked like that in 0.10.24 - I think I would've noticed it...

Anyways, thank you for fixing the entries! :D

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Haven't seen this one before. It's interesting, as there have been no recent touches on the building discovery code or DB/TG discovery process in over a year. Those additional DB buildings are in your discovery data, but no idea what process put them there.

Deleting DiscoveryData.txt then fast travelling back to Wayrest restores the correct DB building and no others. I stepped through code and it's all working as expected and not revealing any extraneous buildings.

Could a mod that changes building data, faction info, or something similar result in this? I'll wait to see what the other guys think.

Could you do please do the following test for me on your end:
  1. Save the game again as something like "test save"
  2. Open the save folder for "test save" and delete DiscoveryData.txt
  3. Load "test save" and fast travel back to Wayrest
  4. Confirm if any additional DB buildings have been tagged, or just the single correct one

Hellmasker

Post by Hellmasker »

Alright, did the testing as you described - only the correct one has been tagged. :)

Hellmasker

Post by Hellmasker »

Okaaay... Travelling around a bit, this problem seems to be not exclusive to Wayrest after all... travelled to Daggerfall and poof, a second Brotherhood HQ popped up there aswell... after cleaning that one from the savefile, I travelled back to Wayrest... and then a different house there was marked as Brotherhood... I really have no Idea how that happens. It seems to be pretty random... (also sometimes a randomly marked residence appears aswell...

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for the updates!

I spent some time travelling around from your save when looking at this a few days ago, and wasn't able to produce the problem. Still not sure what's happening.

It sounds like maybe some cached data is being evaluated to determine building factions - e.g. buildings from the location you just left are evaluated and nameplates are assigned to the location you just arrived. But I honestly have no idea how this could happen.

If you don't mind, could you please unzip a clean version of DFU 0.10.26a side-by-side to a separate folder and load your game into that without any mods. Save this game separately and see if you can reproduce then without mods.

Hellmasker

Post by Hellmasker »

Just tested this, and it gets even stranger now. I used my save where I fixed the wrong entry in daggerfall, travelled back to wayrest from there and a Armor Shop was marked as Brotherhood...

So yes, clean install with game files and the newest version, no mods attached.

Edit: (added the testing save - just travel to wayrest from there)
Attachments
SAVE3.zip
(208.26 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
DB Shop.jpg
DB Shop.jpg (366.2 KiB) Viewed 1924 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you for update and new save to reproduce with. I'll move this one to bug reports for further investigation.

I won't have much time for a couple days (end of month and financial quarter here wipes out my spare time) but will take a look when I can.

Hazelnut might want to take a look as well due his deep involvement with guild systems.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I will take a look, but it could be a little while.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods