[Quests] Temples and Templar Orders Quest Pack! (ready, but will be updated)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
azimovhaas8

[Quests] Temples and Templar Orders Quest Pack! (ready, but will be updated)

Post by azimovhaas8 »

1. Description

Hello! This is both result of my desire to learn quest creation process and immense help of Jehuty with technical aspects and grammar, who provided support in Discord server.
Basically, this is a quest pack aimed for Temple type of guilds containing 28 quests for Temples [12 of them are for generic temples, 16 of them are meant for specific temples] and 4 miscellaneous quests [but only 1 of such quests will be selected during start of the game] providing rather dangerous way of gaining an early artifact.

Right now, quest pack is functioning and hopefully rather fun to play, but not devoid of small problems [mostly with grammar].

IMPORTANT: All temple quests are avaliable only for guild members!

So basically right now quest pack contains:
32 Quests in total.
28 Quests for Temple type of guilds.
4 Miscellaneous Quests.

2. Download and Installation.

Download link to current (and only so far) version of Quest Pack on Nexus Mods site:

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/137

Extract the folder "Temples & Templar Orders" into the \DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\QuestPacks folder of your Daggerfall Unity installation.
Quest pack will be prompted with small message during start of the game.

3. Why I posted this here?

Mostly for feedback in regards to quests quality, how fun it is to play with my Quest Pack, technical problems, how difficult most of my quests are and so on.
I also open for any ideas, in regard for more quests in same vein [not only for Temple quests] - and I plan to do analogue of Cartographers "Guild" quest line done by Jehuty, so any ideas are welcome!

4. Current plans for future update.

-At least 3 new quests for Fighters Guild, Thieves Guild, Mages Guild.
-At least 10 new quests for Commoners and Nobles.
-Couple unique one-shot quests for Temple Guilds.

Enjoy 0/

TheLacus

Re: [Quests] Temples and Templar Orders Quest Pack! (ready, but will be updated)

Post by TheLacus »

Hi, welcome to the forums!

Please have a look at How to Publish a Mod, specifically the note about Download with manager button. Right now is enabled but the mod file is not really ready for mod manager support.
Your download file also contains a .git folder, maybe you didn't notice because it might be invisible by default on your OS. ;)

azimovhaas8

Re: [Quests] Temples and Templar Orders Quest Pack! (ready, but will be updated)

Post by azimovhaas8 »

Thank you for a warm welcome, TheLacus! :D

I disabled a mod manager button in last 2 minutes after seeing your post [just before replying]. Sorry for inconvinience, rather new with Nexus Mod site myself.

Yep, git. folder is indeed in my mod folder, but I do not think it affects anything within StreamingAssets. If this is important as well, I can remove it too : ]

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

Hi!
Wanted to ask if the quest where a worshipper is bewitched by some evil magician is from the quest pack or not? It's the quest where you have an assassin attack you, find a note and go to find the magician.

If it is from the quest pack, seems to be bugged for me - I am in a very tiny town, and the same residence was assigned for both the magician and the bewitched. Magician didn't spawn as a result, and my only option is to kill the bewitched (or use spell, but I am not a caster).

If it's from another quest pack, then sorry for bringing it up, thought it might be from this one :)

nicksta1310

Post by nicksta1310 »

Further to a conversation with the mod author on the Nexus page, I have started editing the message text for this mod. The document attached below includes my work on the general temple quests (TEMPLE1 to TEMPLE15) for the mod author's perusal. I'll revise the other files at a later date.
nicksta1310_edits_temple1to15.zip
(95.47 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

nicksta1310

Post by nicksta1310 »

The document attached below includes my work on the temple quests that are faction specific (e.g. TEMPLEA1).
nicksta1310_edits_templex1to2.zip
(140.09 KiB) Downloaded 82 times