I have a mod Idea(Don't you dare steal it, I'm going to start working on it when the school year ends)

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
tgp02

I have a mod Idea(Don't you dare steal it, I'm going to start working on it when the school year ends)

Post by tgp02 »

My idea would be a complete remake of the city of Daggerfall. In the lore, it says that the city was divided into 4 districts, with a river in it, kind of like Balmora. My plan is to remake that into a believable city, with merchants and NPCS who have personality, along with rearranged buildings and probably some quests that are custom made. That would inevitably lead to one of two scenarios: It is smaller but more packed or larger and has more filler. I would probably give it the Gate of Mournhold, the River and division of Balmora, the royal palace of Probably WhiteRun while still keeping the Daggerfall Feel. I'll probably start this when my freshman year of High School ends, in about 39 days.
UPDATE: My Plan is to first construct a map, then construct the city in Minecraft, then construct that in Unity. There will be 4 main cities in one, as according to the lore on UESP.net, "the city is split into four districts. South of the river lies the Trade District, whereas the Castle Town can be found north of it. In the northwest lies the Harbor District, while to the west sits Castle Daggerfall." Basically, get 4 different castle walls and put stuff in each. I'll still include some stapels found in the vanilla game, they will just be located somewhere else within.
Last edited by tgp02 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nystul

Re: I have a mod Idea(Don't you dare steal it, I'm going to start working on it when the school year ends)

Post by Nystul »

quite ambitious, good luck and have fun! :)

tgp02

Re: I have a mod Idea(Don't you dare steal it, I'm going to start working on it when the school year ends)

Post by tgp02 »

Nystul wrote:quite ambitious, good luck and have fun! :)
Hey, best to aim high so your expectations are at least close.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Good luck, and remember to pace yourself. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Mr. Waffle

Post by Mr. Waffle »

So how is this going?
People wear socks

Sun's Dawn

Post by Sun's Dawn »

Is your idea really edgy enough? It seems to lack edge in it's current form.
Last edited by Sun's Dawn on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luzur

Post by Luzur »

This idea was probably abandoned really quick.
"Load the muskets"