[Mod] Taverns Redone

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Uncanny_Valley

Re: [Mod] Taverns Redone

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Ralzar wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:58 am See, the reason I started thinking about this is that my modding of tavern menus (and now shop stock) relies a lot on building quality. Shabby taverns have a small selection of plain food and basic drink. High quality has a much larger selection of drinks and more fancy food for much higher prices.
I was considering also modding the room price, because it's already way too cheap and gets really weird when compared to the new drink/food prices.

But I'm not sure how Quality works with buildings. If certain building models always have a specific quality? Or if all building models come in all qualities?

If it's the former, the solution would be to design tavern models to match their quality.

If it's the latter, maybe it would be possible to replace assets on entering a tavern? So, for example, replacing a bunch of the sprites in the building model with other "shabbier" sprites if the tavern is low quality?
To answer your question, it is the former. The quality setting (a value between 1-20) is set by each model/instance of a tavern. I can change this setting when I edit the taverns, so I could adjust it and redesign a few taverns to better fit their appearance.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

Ralzar wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:58 am But I'm not sure how Quality works with buildings. If certain building models always have a specific quality? Or if all building models come in all qualities?

If it's the former, the solution would be to design tavern models to match their quality.

If it's the latter, maybe it would be possible to replace assets on entering a tavern? So, for example, replacing a bunch of the sprites in the building model with other "shabbier" sprites if the tavern is low quality?
A building is defined by the block data stored in Blocks.bsa (and a bit in Maps.bsa). This data defines the model that a building uses and the quality. The two are separate parameters and so, it is the latter. All of the models used by taverns can have any quality associated with them.

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Hello! Hello!

I'm releasing a preview of my latest version of Taverns redone. It's been a lot of work adding and fixing for this release, so I kindly ask for some assistance in testing it before a proper release. Simply download, play and enjoy; and if you find any issues then please let me know. :)

Things I want to know:
Does the single dfmod file I'm providing work for OSX and linux users?
Can you find any issues with objects clipping into each other or floating?

Taverns redone 0.14 preview.
Changes:
  • 4 new taverns (For a total of 36)
  • Fixed a lot of clipping and floating issues
  • Improved performance on certain heavy taverns
  • Added even more variation in decoration
  • Re-worked taverns to better reflect their quality
  • Releasing it as a single dfmod files for all platforms
Taverns Redone 0.14 preview.zip
(115.13 KiB) Downloaded 180 times

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Uncanny_Valley wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:36 pm Can you find any issues with objects clipping into each other or floating?
Great to see the new update!

Did you change all existing taverns, or do you want us to look at specific places? (If so, which one? And can you state where the 4 new ones are situated?)

Edit: Here's already a quick one which I noticed in my current character's favorite tavern in Tulune:

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

haloterm wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:30 pm
Uncanny_Valley wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:36 pm Can you find any issues with objects clipping into each other or floating?
Great to see the new update!

Did you change all existing taverns, or do you want us to look at specific places? (If so, which one? And can you state where the 4 new ones are situated?)

Edit: Here's already a quick one which I noticed in my current character's favorite tavern in Tulune:

There are changes to all taverns, and there might be issues that existed before this update, small things that I might have missed before.

Thanks for the screenshot. The corner fireplace is a known issue introduced in the latest 3D model replacement by AlexanderSig. I already notified him about and should be fixed in his next release. I do however notice a fish on the floor in the background... that is not suppose to be there, but I like it. :D

Baler

Post by Baler »

It's a real joy walking into one of the Taverns Redone, Looking forward to a .14 stable release on nexus.
In the meantime I'll thoroughly enjoy the .14 preview :) Thank You

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Mod updated to 0.14

- 4 new taverns (For a total of 36)
- Fixed a lot of clipping and floating issues
- Improved performance on certain heavy taverns
- Added even more variation in decoration
- Re-worked taverns to better reflect their quality
- Added compatibility patch for D.R.E.A.M.S

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Uncanny_Valley wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:09 pm - Re-worked taverns to better reflect their quality
Ooooh. I'm very interested in this. C&C has been doing a lot with tavern quality lately. And it haven't always been reflected in the taverns visual presentation :D

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Uncanny_Valley wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:09 pm Mod updated to 0.14

- 4 new taverns (For a total of 36)
- Fixed a lot of clipping and floating issues
- Improved performance on certain heavy taverns
- Added even more variation in decoration
- Re-worked taverns to better reflect their quality
- Added compatibility patch for D.R.E.A.M.S
Congrats on the release, its a really nice mod, exceptional quality. Also, if you managed to overcome the texture compatibility issue with my mod, Id be really glad :)

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Uncanny_Valley wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:09 pm - Added compatibility patch for D.R.E.A.M.S
What does this patch do? I have been using your mod together with DREAMS all the time, did not notice an issue?

Also, with your newest version, when I add BOTH (main mod and patch), only one of them is shown, naming itself Taverns Redone Compatibility Patch.

But when I remove the patch, only have the main mod, it also has the Compatibility Patch part in its name.