[MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Midknightprince

Re: [MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Post by Midknightprince »

It appears to be incompatible with dream handheld., the right hand is all messed up and you cannot see what it is, it also seems to disable Advanced archery from roleplay realism..
Also it needs to be loaded after post processing.
Other than that it seems to work with everything else..
Do you have a list for the keys and stuff ?
Check out my YouTube Channel!

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Anything that relies on the FPSWeapon.cs or WeaponManager.cs or CalculateAttackDamage formula helper is going to break it. This rebuilds those two script files and relies on that formula for proper work.

As for post processing effects, it would make sense you need to load them after this. I'm adding the new weapons/hands through a new gui unity element. It probably needs to load after I load my gui renders.

Thanks for the heads up, lets me know what patches I will need.

As for keys, you can change any settings in the mod settings menu, including key bind for offhand weapon use. Here's the keycode list. Just type in the keycode property name from the list.
https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/KeyCode.html

To Parry it is merely mainhand swing key + offhand swing Key = parry.

Also, I believe I fixed the input bug. It will clear out all queued up commands after the command input buffer once the buffer timer expires. This gives the player a small window for priming attacks and then clears them if they can't be executed.
Last edited by l3lessed on Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Updated front page with more documentation.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I'll be looking into adding some sparks and debri to combat by using the unity particle emitter system. Will see where this gets me, but I think sparking parries and metals, and walls and buildings the emit some simulated debri would be nice. Maybe even particle blood?

https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReferenc ... .Emit.html

imsobadatnicknames

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

Something I noticed: When this mod is active, you can still attack while paralyzed.
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Thanks for finding that bug. I'll track down the object code that controls that and squash it.

Midknightprince

I think you should leave the archery from the roleplay realism mod intact, so just disable dual wield when you have a bow, would be my suggestion, roleplay realism adds too many cool features to just abandon for dual wield, I think if they were integrated more people would be interested, and I really like the sound of the Dodge mod.

There is an option to turn off the combat changes in RPG realism: If yours worked good enough and the bows were still functional like they are an RPG realism, I'd use it all the time..
But I don't think anybody wants to dual wield with a funky bow mechanic: why do you have two hands when you shoot a bow ?
It looks cheesy.
I think you should integrate dual wielding with dodging.
Ignore the bows, and figure out how to get it to work with the combat changes from RP realism.

I will bug test, but I like the bows too much from that one to just not play with it( you got to understand :D )

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Thanks for all the feedback. Very helpful.

Without checking, the issue isn't roleplay realism and any of the duel wield code I believe. It's actually the CalculateAttackDamage formula helper most combat mods touch to make the combat/weapon mechanic changes needed.

Right now, when you are not using melee weapons, that is exactly what I do. I disabled all my mod render scripts and routines I can, and then reenable the fpsweapon show through its bool object to reactivate the original scripts and code.

You did give me a good idea about making a patch for any archery mod. I can merely disable my formula override, since I put it into its own script file and object, when player is in traditional archery mod and switch it on when they duel wield and a reenable all my script routines and objects.

Also, the second hand isn't suppose to render at any point while having a bow out. If it is, its a bug I missed in the 10.25+ changes.

I'll go through the archer mechanics to ensure there aren't any render bugs, like offhand showing, and see if I can do a quick, easy formula helper patch for realism archery.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Just like I did with shield formula, I'll provide documentation on patching this for all other mod developers so patching is as easy as possible for them.

I have to first hammer out all base bugs first though before working on patching documentation and making what patches I can.

This is going to be a common thing for modding dfunity, as developers modify more and more formula helper objects for their own purposes. To To ensure mods have patches they need to play nicely, documentation will be critical until/if we find a way to automate the formula helper patching.

Midknightprince

l3lessed wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:36 am Thanks for all the feedback. Very helpful.

Without checking, the issue isn't roleplay realism and any of the duel wield code I believe. It's actually the CalculateAttackDamage formula helper most combat mods touch to make the combat/weapon mechanic changes needed.

Right now, when you are not using melee weapons, that is exactly what I do. I disabled all my mod render scripts and routines I can, and then reenable the fpsweapon show through its bool object to reactivate the original scripts and code.

You did give me a good idea about making a patch for any archery mod. I can merely disable my formula override, since I put it into its own script file and object, when player is in traditional archery mod and switch it on when they duel wield and a reenable all my script routines and objects.

Also, the second hand isn't suppose to render at any point while having a bow out. If it is, its a bug I missed in the 10.25+ changes.

I'll go through the archer mechanics to ensure there aren't any render bugs, like offhand showing, and see if I can do a quick, easy formula helper patch for realism archery.

Hey that will be awesome.
I will be waiting for an update.