KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks a lot for the saves!!

Well in the process of adjusting the heads, I managed to fit em all on the necks properly in case of the females, so I hope I will be able to do the same with males.

The issue with hair is something which doesnt have a simple solution. I asked Interkarma for some changes in how the helmet masks are working, but it turned out that my request would mess up other things, so its a no go.

Basically, any hair which are dropping bellow the shoulders level to the body cant be cut out because the helmet mask also cuts out the body itself... Also, every helmet has its own file for masking, and I dont have strength to redo em, its realistically around 500 masks and they are not easy to create for me.

So what I found out is, that if I adjust the hair so its not really huge, most of the issues get solved on its own..

Im aware that some armor legs do not fit perfectly, and some clothes as well. Bear in mind Im dealing with 16 000 files here :X It looks simple on the outside, but is a nightmare bellow the surface, and Im neck deep in it for a year or more. Every race has its own set of armor and clothing, than there are 2 genders, this gives you every item 8 times. Than add all the materials, colors and you in a hell.

It will never be perfect, but on the other hand, you can create really AWESOME characters with this system, it extended the possibilities of the vanilla at least 10 fold - yes, some combinations are not perfect, but there is so many options that you just need to find what suits the character - and believe me, you can make any character look awesome. Once you really play the game for a while, loot, buy etc, you will see...

I now try to solve the biggest issues... I was not able to replicate the issue with the leather greaves, can you pls send me the save file with it?

Also, my eyes and back and everything are getting really tired again, so Im affraid I will need some pause again :X

What I can say now is, that all female heads fit perfectly size/color wise, and that they are now all proper HD. Uff. I solved some other issues along the way...

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Im very glad to say that Vomitaburger agreed with me using his faces, and thats really good!

Besides the female Bretons set he already did a Breton male set and one Khajiit male face.

He also said he might do some more if he has a free time...

Either way, this is great because this is like 20 faces done, and every single one counts.

fosley

Post by fosley »

The included SAVE1000 (Breton Male 0) has it, among others. Note that it's the leather greaves without any mail bits. I moved all my modded files completely out of the Streaming Assets folder just to check, and I still get the issue. I also had it with several other races, though I didn't test every last one.

Those greaves are also offset in the inventory icon, but that bug exists even in classic. Not sure if the offset is causing the issues somehow in DFU.
Spoiler!
Classic Leather Greaves.png
Classic Leather Greaves.png (248.52 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
King of Worms wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:39 pmI was not able to replicate the issue with the leather greaves, can you pls send me the save file with it?
So, weird issue. If I place two spoiler tags in one post, or place a quote tag above the spoiler tag, the second tag doesn't work properly for me. Is that something specific to Firefox, or the forums, or does the internet just hate me? It seems like the spoiler tag tries to reference the first element of the post no matter what, so it shows or hides the first spoiler tag if I'm clicking the second, or does nothing if it's trying to show/hide the quote box.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Only one spoiler per post - thats how it "works" for me.

Anyway... that bug is NOT happening at my pc. Icon is placed properly in the inventory and when equipped it fits.

No idea what is causing the issues on your side :X

Any ideas?

I have a feeling it might be something to do with your installation..

fosley

Post by fosley »

I went back to the zipped 0.10.26a file (interkarma-daggerfall-unity-daggerfallunity_windows_x64-134.zip), extracted it, copied dream - paperdoll.dfmod from my main installation into the new folder, and got the same issue with the leather greaves. I turned off Helm and Shield Material Display, Inventory Info Panel, Enhanced Item Lists, Player Nudity, Equip Bow in Left Hand, Allow Magic Item Repair, and Instant Repair Services to see if any of those affected it, with no change. I started a brand new character to make sure I hadn't screwed something up with one of the save files, and still got the scaling weirdness.

Is it possible you've got a newer version of the plugin where you fixed the issue already and I'm on something older? I'm using the 2020 R2 files currently on Nexus.

Also of note, disabling player nudity puts a bikini on most females (Breton, Dark Elf, High Elf, Nord, Redguard, and Wood Elf), but not Khajiit or Argonian females, and none of the males are affected (they're all nude still). Not that the Argonians have anything to hide.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I think its more about the base Daggerfall, from which the data are being read. The Daggerfall Setup file from which you installed it. I also vaguely remember I installed some clothing fix, but that most likely is not the cultprit...

Would be cool if someone else could confirm the Leather Greaves work/dont work for them on a Breton Male character..

Im aware about the nudity issue, I might make the missing non nude versions laters, but thanks for a heads up ;)

fosley

Post by fosley »

This is the same Daggerfall that's been installed since like 20 years ago, so it's entirely possible I've missed some updates.

Looking through my textures with Daggerfall Imaging 2, it appears to be TEXTURE.251_10. Is your base image wide like that, or is it square like the others?
Leather Greaves.jpg
Leather Greaves.jpg (18.22 KiB) Viewed 1360 times
On another front, I got tired of all the original icons in my face any time I'm affected by a stock magic item or enemy spell. So I took a bunch of icons from your icon packs and re-did the base icons list, ICON00I0.IMG. I'm not completely happy with the moon phase icons I did from scratch, but I don't think they actually show up anywhere anyways.

File here.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

251_10 in my imaging does NOT have the issue you have. This confirms that your base install is flawed for some reason. Use the latest Daggerfall Setup Id say... Or maybe even better from here the DaggerGameFiles.zip http://www.dfworkshop.net/projects/dagg ... ve-builds/

Will take a look at the base icons and compare to original distribution, thanks :)

fosley

Post by fosley »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:09 pmThis confirms that your base install is flawed for some reason.
The nerd in me says I should be offended that you'd call a disc copy of the original game "flawed". :lol:

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

fosley wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:34 am
King of Worms wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:09 pmThis confirms that your base install is flawed for some reason.
The nerd in me says I should be offended that you'd call a disc copy of the original game "flawed". :lol:
There are quirks to the different ways you can install. Bethesda is not known for their bug-free releases :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360